Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Quiet PC on the Build

• 22-07-2002 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

I`m building a machine for a friend at the mo and i`m trying to get the right spec and parts for his requirements.

He wants:
    Small Desktop - low profile
    Quiet - in regard to fans and HDD

Decent Spec for home/office use etc., the odd game as well.

He`s on a budget as well - around €1000/1200 or so.

I have something similar to the Fujitsu/Siemens "Scenic" in mind.

Software i will be using is open source and free ;)

All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

hmmm i thought that this was the sorta challege the tech board likes hmmm maybe not.

Anyway i`m going for a p4 Mobile 1.5 chip(sorting out mobo at the mo as well) - will have to take the Mobile Chip.

Expansion cards will be Low Profile incl a Radeon FSC 32meg Card(300 DAC). Now for the case well i`m hoping to sort out a comapabile one with the mobo supplier.

I`m also hoping to have enough money for a Flat Screen monitor as well.

Good news i hear u say - well thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

check out the shuttle small form factor pc's, they now have a version which has an agp slot and takes a p4, very very quiet too from what I hear, might be just what you're looking for.

www.viahardware.com for more info

Advertisement