Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filthy legacy hardware

• 22-07-2002 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭

I'm getting problems mounting the floppy (hur hur) since my beloved decided that stuff on floppies was important or something. Anyway, I managed to get the thing up and running but only by enabling a: AND b: in the bios - and then only b: would show up in explorer, with a: giving a boot error (F1 to continue job).
    Both showed up in the harware monitor and boot log as present, but try as I might deleting one or the other or reinstalling or different settings in the bios or disabling one and leaving the other or changing the damn leads to the mainboard even I could only get things running as b: with the boot error. Anyway, left it as is since I'll use the thing once maybe in the next 2000 years but having just installed a DVD drive it's cakced out altogether and now the missus has no floppy. DVD is fine thankfully.

mainboard is an ECS p6s5at - checked for bios updates, nothing relevant, only suggestion is that the USB keyboard and mouse might be making a hash of things? Also running DAEMON tools virtual cd drive?
    Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Happened me too. There's two floppy options, in advanced I think? If you turn them off it should work. Well it worked for me and the symptoms sound the same. I have the k7s5a though.

Advertisement