Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesurf from Eircom????????

Options
  • 23-07-2002 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Notice in todays Irish Times

EIRCOM LIMITED

Freesurf Limited, having its registered office a 114 St. Stephens Green West, D2 and never having traded, and having no assets or liabiliites, has resolved to notify the registrar of companies that the company is not carrying on business and to request the Registrar on that basis to exercise his powers pursuant to Section 311 of the Companies Acts 1962 to strike the Company off the register.

By Order of the Board

Peter Reynold, Company Secretary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

what does this mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭lynchie

I presume it just means that Eircom had registered this company only to decide that they no longer want/need it so they are essentially unregistering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ciderandhavoc

I assume that when the company was registered, there was an intention to offer a product/service called freesurf.

I wonder what its would have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

i've heard of freesurf before.. aint BT doing some flat rate package called freesurf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

yep BT offer that service in the uk in 56k/ISDN format

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by ciderandhavoc I assume that when the company was registered, there was an intention to offer a product/service called freesurf.

I wonder what its would have been.
    Maybe something along the lines of the Freeserve ISP which was the first in the UK to offer pay-as-you-go Internet access.

Shortly after Freeserve was set up, Oceanfree brought out a similar package in Ireland. Freeserve have since brought out offer flat-rate and broadband in addition to pay-as-you-go.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

From the minutes of our meeting with Eircom last year:
    He (Pat Galvin) went on to add that Eircom have been considering unmetered packages since 1997. When Esat however introduced their SNL package in 1999, Eircom did not believe that a single unlimited package was economically viable and therefore could not compete against it.

Martin Harran

Advertisement