Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish Recipes

• 23-07-2002 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know it's not strictly angling, and that most of us probably pratice catch and return where possible, but I'm sure some of us have fish dishes we make when we come home and want to cook our catch for our supper...
    Some alternatives to- gut and bone your fish, put a big knob of butter on the pan, and fry for 10 mins or so....
    I'll put one up myself later- if the thread works out ok I'll make it a sticky (and split off the smartass comments!)
    john

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I can't understand game fishing myself. I really enjoy cooking the fruits of my labour (after a morning/evening out spearfishing) and my main catch is bass/pollack/clean water mullet which is hard to come by since almost all water is polluted these days and finding a clean fish is a big challenge only when going for mullet because they'll eat whatever junk is around.

Salmon in a lemon and butter sauce is divine as is the bass. You'll want something like a miele sauciere to make it in. I'll get exact details later.

Not sure what they call those long pans that will stretch over two hot plates but if you get whatever herbs take your fancy, some olive oil and basil is a must! Boil untill the fish is tender, you have to be v.careful or you'll end up with a soup....the trick is to slowly simmer.

Get a piece of tin foil, put chunks of butter on the fish with herbs and tomato slices/peppers/a squeeze of lemon and whatever tickles your fancy then throw it on the bbq. If it's raining use a nice sized dish in the oven and salvage your juice, mix with a bit of olive oil/pepper/salt and upon unwrapping your present you'll be pleasantly surprised how tasty it is.

Grill it in cutlets under the grill if it's big enough. Or you can opt for the bbq or oven as well.

Have you tried cooking your fish, waiting till it's cold, then making a salad and toss some chunks of the tasty white flesh in there.

last step - enjoy :D

Advertisement