Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have your Demo played in the TBMC.

Options
  • 23-07-2002 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi there, My name is Niall and I'm in the process of arranging a Metal Gig in the Temple Bar Music Centre I arrange gigs voluntarilly with an Organization called Gigsmart (www.gigsmartireland.com) and what we are is a band co op, we help other bands out with general things such as equipment or advertising and we support one another, well basically on August 18th I am putthing together this metal night in the Temple Bar Music Centre the bands on the night will be Skyjack, Corrupted, X Constant and Writhe, but after speaking with the booking manager of the Music Centre she has informed me that there has been no DJ set booked for after our show and if there is none booked then I can run my own DJ set, so basically I am goin to run an Unsigned night, if you are in a band then come down to the Music Centre between 7.30 - 10.30 on August 18th check out some really cool bands and give your demo with te song you want played highlighted on it to one of the gigsmart volunteers, we will be wearing Gigsmart t shirts on the night to avoid confusion, then we will play the songs over the Music Centre's rig after the Gig for all to hear at top volume.
    Your musical genre doesn't matter, come one come all, but beware I cannot be held responsible for the crowds reaction to your music.

I hope to see you there, keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Niall S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

good idea niall man, fair play!

Sounds interesting I might pop down. Im not into metal, but I am tryin to promote a band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Thats cool, I am not just into Metal myself, I like a bit of everything but I am also in the process of putting on other shows in both Whelans and the possibility of a Fundraiser in the TBMC on September 11th for obviously the September 11th Fund.
    I think that I will have 3 bands playing that one and if I can get the same deal then I will also have another unsigned night of DJ material.

Cheers.

Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

By the way I forgot to mention the cost in, its € 7.00 and that will be for the bands and the late night DJ set where again if you bring in your demo I will play it for you, and of course I will be giving back all your demo's after I Play them, or you can leave it with me and I will play it at any occassion I can.
    Please come in before 7.30 and 10.30 as I will be too busy to be collecting CD's when the DJ set starts.

Thank you.

Niall.

Advertisement