Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hp g85/95 installation problom

• 23-07-2002 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right ive been to the hp website got all the patches that were relevent . spent about 2 hrs trying to find out why there is no communication between the printer and the computer . anyone else have a problom with this computer and fix it ??? its running on w98

driving me a bit nuts reely ...

so far ive got it to print half a page then fail and say error communicating with printer . but it dose recognise that it is there .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...if you're using a parallel cable, check that it's a full-duplex model (as in it's wired to send data in both directions). The cheap ones are simplex (PC -> Printer Comms only) and caused me no end of heartbreak with HP deskjets years ago. Alternatively, that thing's bound to have a USB port on it... I think?

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

its usb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

sounds to me like a dodgy conenction/cable

can u try different ports/calbe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

other usb devices work fine on the computer . the printer works fine on win2k/xp

Advertisement