Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision-Can the public go?

Options
  • 23-07-2002 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

This isn't useful for now, since Ireland won't (for financial reasons, as well as my opinion that the EBU dosen't want a small country like Ireland!) be in it for a while, but should Ireland enter, and win, the Eurovision again, it would be held in Ireland somewhere (Probably Dublin, as Belfast's in the entity called the United Kingdom) So, after a long preamble, my question is- How exactly are the seats filled? Can an ordinary member of the public apply for tickets, or is it "for invited guests only"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

First Ireland will be back in it next year unless the organisers in RTE decide against it, second whythef... would you want to go?

Admire the fashions? Get the autograph of total non-entities?
    Throw old fruit and veg? Strange boy... :(

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by mike65
    second whythef... would you want to go?

Go drinking with Terry Wogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

Actually, Mike, I don't think it's purely an RTE decision, unless the stupid plonkers (Copyright Delboy Trotter!) in the EBU have changed their damn rules again!!!

P.S.

Getting back to my original question- I was only asking hypothetically, so do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To answer the question I dont know, one suspects the asudience consists of those in the know but maybe some seats are availible
    through sales or raffle. Beacuase the EBU oversees the whole horror show I thought RTE here would have the final say, but I suspect you know more about this than I do...

hmmm maybe a breakaway pro-Eurosong faction might be formed....armed only with a hi-gain FM transmitter and a Sony
    Video camera!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Hi ,

This is the music board. I think you are looking for the humour one

D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by CHRISTYG
    but should Ireland enter, and win, the Eurovision again

Again? ;)

Advertisement