Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Comeback Ever

Options
  • 23-07-2002 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you got to love this!!!!

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time.
    It is a portion of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

lol very gud :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

that's good :)
    thought it would be that other "best comeback" from a few weeks ago.at least there are still some good posts here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

heh heh, :) ya i thought it was gonna be the school teacher n the pupil, nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HA HA, take it woman...

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

HAHA if i have to spend the rest of my life trying i will work that into an arguement someday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Great one:p As l3rian says ill have to work that into an arguement.On the subject of comebacks whats the one you like to use most?Heres one I love getting the chance to use.I saw it on the Sopranos one time.Chris had gone to the one of the businesses to break up a strike by the black workers.He starts arguing with one of them
    Worker-Hey,back of motherfuc*er!
    Chris-Maybe if you stop pimpin your mother ill stop fuc*in her!
    :D:D Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

that is fecken class!! loved that one!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

ROTFLMAO! Pure class m8!

mfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

This was in the Washington Post...the title of the article as "Best Comeback Line Ever."

Police arrested Patrick Lawrence, a 22-year-old white male, resident of Dacula, GA, in a pumpkin patch at 11:38 p.m. Friday. Lawrence will be charged with lewd and lascivious behavior, public indecency, and public intoxication at the Gwinnett County courthouse on Monday.

The suspect allegedly stated that as he was passing a pumpkin patch, he decided to stop. "You know, a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside, and there was no one around here for miles. At least Ithought there wasn't," he stated in a phone interview from the Lawrenceville jail.

Lawrence went on to state that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purposes, cut a hole in it, and proceeded to satisfy his alleged "need."

"I guess I was just really into it, you know?" he commented with evident embarrassment. In the process, Lawrence apparently failed to notice the Gwinnett County police car approaching and was unaware of his audience until officer Brenda Taylor approached him.

"It was an unusual situation, that's for sure," said officer Taylor. "I walked up to (Lawrence) and he's...just working away at this pumpkin."

Taylor went on to describe what happened when she approached Lawrence. "I just went up and said, "Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you are screwing a pumpkin?"

He got real surprised, as you'd expect, and then looked me straight in the face and said, "A pumpkin? Damn...is it midnight already?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

LOL!! Classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

haha , thats a good one alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

absolutely amazing.
    my frends and i dont put our hair into the current style, and dont fall into the crowd. my frend bob has really tall fuzzy hair. all the townies/trendies/spiede/scallies/raver/wateverthehellyoucallthem shout at him "get your hair cut, wanker!" he just shouts back "ok." they are so cut off.

great thread. keep it coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

. my frend bob has really tall fuzzy hair. all the townies/trendies/spiede/scallies/raver/wateverthehellyoucallthem shout at him "get your hair cut, wanker!" he just shouts back "ok." they are so cut off.

May I just say that Superconor's friend is my brother and that he SHOULD cut his hair. Oh, and Conor, I'm going to kill you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

actually it was bob, not ryan. ryan dont say anything, even tho he should kick ass. b4 u go to bed 2nite uncle paul remember this............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................brush your teeth!!

(and check the computer desk. i bit the right corner of it!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

That first story is pretty funny, but it's actually a urban legend:
    http://www.snopes2.com/military/reinwald.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭three

Very funny

Advertisement