Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer urgently needed

Options
  • 23-07-2002 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Urgent requirement for male singer to join guitarist, drummer and bassist for original/covers material. Covers such as Chili's, Zep, Stones etc etc and pretty unique covers. Anyone, and I mean anyone that can even half sing give us a shout. Number is 087 416 9469.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 SomeFink

there are no singers out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 valeria

but how do people know they CAN sing..? im sure loads of ppl like singing but sound like a cat being strangled....like me for instance :O
    good luck in yr search anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Klytus

Hey I'm a singer in a band at the moment but things are kinda slow, so I may be interested if i knew a little bit more about ya and how long I'd be needed.

Do you have a name for the band?
    How long have you all been playing?
    What other bands would you be interested in covering?
    What's the age group of the band?
    Do you write any of your own material at all?
    Are you planning any gigs or do you have some coming up already??
    Or are ya doing it just for fun right now?

Just a few points of interest. Anything else you think would be worth mentioning please do.

Cheers

Originally posted by Klytus

Do you have a name for the band? butterface
    How long have you all been playing? between 8 and 12 years between us, gtar, bass & drums (were getting tired now..joke)
    What other bands would you be interested in covering? stones, free, pearl jam, anything really once it sounds good
    What's the age group of the band?, mid twenties
    Do you write any of your own material at all? yes myself and the bassplayer finished an original band recently and i wrote most of the material
    Are you planning any gigs or do you have some coming up already?? we are planning gigs and have gigs waiting original and covers
    Or are ya doing it just for fun right now? no serious stuff,
    we would like you to join permanent but if you want to come along for a while and see what u think thats cool

Just a few points of interest. Anything else you think would be worth mentioning please do. we are rehearsing in soundlease at the moment which is in ballymount, do u drive? how long r u playing? what age? what are u into?
    thats about it

Cheers

by the way the drummer is kell if you wanna call him his names mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Mick, you forgot to point out why we are called Butterface. Klytus, if you didnt get the number from the original message my mobile is 087 416 9469.

Cheers

I'm 20. I don't play an instrument(play guitar a bit but I'm not much use on it yet) just sing at the moment. I've been singing in different bands for the last 3-4 years. Was in a covers band in school and did a few gigs in the music centre with friends for fun. Stuff like that.

More recently I started an original band with some friends and I write all the lyrics and do most of the arrangements for songs with some of the other lads, contributing the odd riff here and there aswell, but mainly vocals. I'm very much a part of that band but I reckon I'd have time to do something else aswell because I love music and I really enjoy doing it. Things haven't really taken off properly yet. We only meet once or twice a week so I'm pretty much free otherwise for the foreseeable future.

I am interested definately, but I'll have to talk about it to other lads see what the they think and what the situation will be. I can't give you a definite answer just now I'm afraid. But if it's all cool we can meet up and see how things go.

My main influences are:
    Metallica, Tool, Alice In Chains, Machine Head...

I also like Zeppelin, the Chilis, Jeff Buckley, Jerry Cantrell, Chris Cornell, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Korn, NIN, Opeth, A Perfect Circle, Incubus, White Zombie and a load of others but similarly I'd like to do anything that's good. I like to do original things with covers aswell, so I'm pretty much open to a lot of different things. i have a good knowledge of a lot of different bands and wouldn't have trouble doing things I wouldn't neccessarily know.

I'm driving but I'm still have to polish up my skills a bit more so I should be driving properly in the next month or two hopefully. So I'll reply here soon as I can.

Cheers

good stuff, sounds like a runner, give mike a call and have a chat with him and we can meet up and jam out a few things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Klytus- I am on the mobile over lunch or you can get me this evening and we'll see if we can get a date to go and jam out some stuff

Lads I don't think I'll be able to make the trip out to ballymount.
    Far as i know it's out by the naas road/red cow inn? In which case even if I did have transport i wouldn't be legally allowed on the motorways cause I'm not a fully licenced driver.

i live beside the airport road and i can't see myself gettin my driving test any time soon. I haven't even applied yet. Maybe in 4 or 5 months but not in the immediate future. If you were in the city it would be a different story, but as things stand it's just not possible for me to make it out there. Sorry about that.

I am genuinely interested, so if my transport situation changes I'll be sure to let ya know. Before I can focus on getting my driving test I've got repeat exams to do for college in august. So it won't be for another while until I apply for my test and all that.

Anyway sorry again. Good look with the search. If you were in the city I like to meet up, but I don't expect you to relocate for someone you haven't even heard sing!

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Klytus. Check your PM's

hey dr loon how u doin? hows the "new" jive principle going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by SomeFink
    hey dr loon how u doin? hows the "new" jive principle going?

Not bad. We've still no singer though. How about you... how ye doin bandwise?

were doing ok, no singer either myself and the drummer have been singing just so we can get through rehearsals but there is a serious lack of good singers out there, not even good, but singers in general,
    they must be all in boybands ;)

Advertisement