Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible Motherboard problem

• 23-07-2002 7:51pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

have a computer here, Its a gateway 2000,
    G6 266MHz, with 128 ram,
    Not too sure what the make of the vid card is (not mine)
    I've tried a few video cards in the machine agp/pci, and still nothing seems to be sending to the moniter, anyone know what the problem could be?
    Possibly the motherboard needing replacement?
    Help appreacated,
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I bet ya the card is an stb card. Gateway gave them out with their early pentium II's. I got one, piece of crap!

You might have tried it already but did you try to install the card to a different pci slot? I know its a long shot but just in case.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

The card is actualy in the AGP slot, and theres no more avaible, about what card it is.. I honestly don't know
    I tried other vti and pci and agp cards in it in the dfferent slots, no luck with them either, the card just has "made in mexico" as the only writing on it..
    Any other sujjestions?
    Would you suggest me buying another Motherboard, or will I buy a new motherboard with a new processor, and transfare the rest, if so, got links of prices aswell by any chance? :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I can't recieve anything to the screen, so I don't think i can change the bios..

Advertisement