Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

courses

• 16-05-2001 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Not sure if this is a good place to post it but anyway, anyone know where you can do special courses in just nt/w2k/exchange things like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ah sure it'll do here fine smile.gif

Whereabouts you based? And what kinda course are you looking to do? Going for an MCSE?

Give us some more info.

And, by the way, welcome! smile.gif

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jimbobjoe

in the Dublin area, and thanks for your help smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Jimbobjoe (edited 16-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the first thing you want to sort out is what exactly you want to do.
    theres not much point in learning NT as far as im concerned. every one else willdisagree but id go for either win2k or some sort of general networking course.
    you have three options.
    1)home study. find out what you want to do, get the books, or burn the cds of someone you know and learn from home. get a job where you will use the stuff you are trying to learn adn you will do fine. its hard way to go because you have to be really motivated. ive started doing mcse in win2k about 3 times and something usually happens and i stop for a few months.
    2)recognised courses. the likes of global knowledge or something like that. however youre talking thousands of pounds. you do get a nice microsoft cert at the end and the option to go for an mcp which is always nice.
    3)probably the est way to go is to do a course in a local school or something. check out the dublin vening classes guide. you can buy it most newsagents and shops for about 3 quid. i recently missed the chance to do a 10 week cisco beginners course for the princely sum of 145 quid and im p1ssed i missed it now. theres always things like that. generally people who are learning the stuff themslves getting a few quid by tutoring. depends where you are, by theres a place in whitehall that does. i thinkyou can find a lot on www.eveningclasses.com if i remember correctly. i'll do a search and find out if its right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jimbobjoe

Ok thats alot of help thanks, ill look into finding places that do the mcse ill have a look for that evening guide thing too looks good:]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Advertisement