Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rivaldo free???

• 23-07-2002 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how this happened??
    mutual termination of contract for worlds best player???

Kdja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

something to do with a Dutch guy he doesn't like returning to the Nou Camp

although he will have no transfer fee, there will be a big signing fee and then there's the wages. AC Milan and Réal Madrid are the 2 teams i heard being mentioned tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

He is reported to have said he will not go to Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Newcastle have been mentioned too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Lazio are favourites to get him, Barcelona saved themselves £4.6m in wages (and more in bonuses) by letting him go 'cos he didnt want compensation.

Hmm... I can think of one team who need a 'good' left winger... hmm... who on earth could I mean...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

apparently barca have serious money problems, so offloaded him to ease off on the wage bill. whoever signs him will still end up payin bout €18million anyway with signing on fees, wages and bonuses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

With 90% of European clubs entangled in financial trouble, Barcelona boasted a €7.2m profit for the 2001-02 season. Those figures were revealed by Catalan top officials during the team's official presentation last night at the Camp Nou. Investments looking to improve the training ground and big spending on new players were compensated by a lucrative deal with Havas Advertising.

Barcelona president Joan Gaspart says Rivaldo was offered a new deal prior to the termination of his contract at the weekend.

"He did not want to continue with Barcelona," said Gaspart. "He was no longer in favor of staying with us. He did not have the same attitude.

"Van Gaal didn't want Rivaldo. We had to trust his judgement and we have a replacement in Riquelme.

"The decision to break the commitment with Rivaldo has been one of my most difficult as president of Barcelona."

Barca squad so far for 2002-3
    - Bonano/Enke
    - Reiziger/Kluivert
    - Frank de Boer/Cocu
    - Andersson/Christanval
    - Xavi/Saviola
    - Geovanni/Rochemback
    - Mendieta/Riquelme
    - Gerard/Gabri
    - Luis Enrique/Puyol
    - Dani/Overmars
    - Víctor Valdés/Sergio Santamaría
    - Fernando Navarro/Motta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Leeds were offered him but couldnt afford his wages.

Looks like if he wants a club he'll have to drop his humble 90,000 a week wage.Poor guy my heart bleeds for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Rivaldo's attitude is all wrong. Having seen him play consistently, I would say he is a liability to a club. I think he could be the type of high-profile signing Juventus need. Van Gaal is having a revolution at Bar$a to try to get the glory days back, and if I liked Barcelona, I would be happy that he is taking tough decisions like showing Rivaldo and Kluivert (?) the door. Plus Riquelme is going to be big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Signed for milan I think they now have shevchenko, Inzagi, rui costa, dal tommason and rivaldo in attack but they only decent defender they signed was simic and defence is there main problem wit maldini, costacourta geting on and laursen and roce juinor being crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

And Laursen seems to be on the verge of leaving Milan as well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Ah well, if they need money for a new defence I'm sure Berlusconi will just siphon them a few million from the Italian budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

apparantly there on the verge of singing cannavaro but have to wait to get some more money togeter as rivaldo singing on fee was massive

Advertisement