Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCreevy denies 'hoodwinking' voters over €610m budget windfall

Options
  • 23-07-2002 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

It sounds like charlie was economical with the disclosure of the facts but sure wouldn't we all if facing into an election.

We should prolly blame the journos for not kopping onto this one sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I think this is different money :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Actually I think your right Fio.

Was this not something to do with the residual of money set aside for the euro changeover that was never used !?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh it was. This is the money they're referring to - I guess Vodafone are paying ireland.com by the word and chose to change "administration and currency savings, effectively windfalls, from the euro changeover that they hoped could be diverted from the Central Bank's reserves into the current account" into "windfalls from the Central Bank"

My fault for being less than clear.

A few economists (George Lee in particular) had pointed out that there were two amounts, each about 600m, on which there was a question.

Advertisement