Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

99min CDR's

• 23-07-2002 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I picked up some 99min/900mb cdrs in peats over the weekend and my drive is only recognising em as a 703mb disc. Im using nero and im just wondering if its the software or my drive. Ive a 32x Sony writer. Im looking for a firmware update now aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

That sony writer can be put up to 48x iirc if you flash it.
    Also some writers don't pick em up and you need to set Nero to overburn
    Can't remember how to tho'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I set nero to overburn to 99mins, didnt work. Im looking for the flash for it now.. ny suggestions on where to look ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Try here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

http://www.cdrinfo.com

It's most likely that your burner just wn't read that far.
    Sony wouldn't want you using unorthodox cdrs to get around the oversized msuic CDs.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

just ordered some of them will shortly know if there compatiable with the plextor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

works with my smasung...but not untill i dragged the yoke over to past 900mb...check the "ruler" at the bottom of your nero browser when you are putting files into it to be copied.

it should have a line set as your maximum amount to record...

sorry i cant be of more help, im using nero at the moment or i would check exactly how i did it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What type of Samsung driver do you have,
    Would it be the Combo SM-304B one?
    And do these 99min cd-r's work in audio cd players and reg up as 99mins?
    Also, excuse my lazyness, how much are they also?

in nero to to
    File -> Preferences -> Genreal Tab - it's tehre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

my fault, its the liteon (24102b) that i have that it actually works on...i also have the samsung u speak of 308-b and have never tried it with that one, but i dont think it would work with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

there €17.90 for a spindle of 25. I got nero to overburn onto em, but id still be happier if my drive found the 900mb :( . I couldnt find a firmware update for it anywhere !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by yankinlk
    i also have the samsung u speak of 308-b and have never tried it with that one, but i dont think it would work with that one.
    Wana try it please?

/me notes down to get some

Advertisement