Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE coming to Ireland!

• 24-07-2002 1:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hey,
    It was bound to happen. It looks like WWE are coming over here around the 25th of October when they do their european tour. No idea which brand or anything. I reckon it will be in belfast but it could be dublin.

I hope it happens

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

The show in the point was worth going to for king kong bundy's little speech KKB-"I found out that i had some Irish blood in me" *crowd cheers* KKB-"I WANNA GET A TRANSFUSION!"
    Rebellion is scheduled for the uk the day after, so it may be a fairly weak roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

Same roster but guys will prob not work to their 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

This week's "Ross Report"....

"The October international tour looks as if it will stop in Helsinki, Finland, on Oct. 24; Belfast, Northern Ireland, on Oct. 25; Manchester, England, for the Rebellion Pay-Per-View on Oct. 26; and finally in Sheffield, England, on Sunday, Oct. 27. Tickets go on sale at the end of August and more information on that can be found here at WWE.com."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

it seems strange that the wwe is choosing belfast over dublin as its a smaller city and dublin has proven, with recent tours, to be very eager to attend live events - if wwa can sell out the point then the wwe would have em queing for miles for tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

I bought tickets for that wwa shoe meant to be on in the RDS but when they cancelled (apparently because the germans didnt sell out thier leg of the tour) I was kinda pissed off and kinda relieved cos I want the first wrestling show I see to be WWE. But yes there would be a queue a mile long to see a WWE show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Rochie

Point will only 6,000 seating and all profit will be in Euros, while Belfast will seat over 10,000 and thats means that there is another 4,000+ buying merchandise. Plus all profits are in Sterling up there.

WWE know that WWA got almost 6,000 fans in Belfast on their last tour, that number plus more from NI will go to the Belfast show. Also many fans will travel from all around Ireland to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

this sucks i wish they were coming to dublin, anyone know will it be on TV?

no it wont be on tv as its a house show but someone might turn up with a cam-corder(or two) and make it available with those bootleg concerts - so any would-be bootlegers out there theres an oportunity for making a few quid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 VinceBlack

But will any top drawer guys come over?
    I doubt you'd see any A-list guys at the belfast show and the only place all the big names would gather is for Wembley.
    Personally I'd like to see HHH, Rock, Angle in the flesh so to speak and also to see exactly how big they are or not as the case may be.

Dwayne Johnson aka Rock is down as anywhere from 6ft3-6ft5 and around the 275 mark. I figure he is around 275 and 6ft5 and that HHH is around 6ft4 and 280 at the moment.

It's long been practise to claim the the wrestlers are much bigger than they actually are, exaggeration is all part of the show, like jr screaming "oh my god he's fallen 30ft" when it was obviously less than half that, it's all part of the show. For a long time they claimed Kane was close to the 7ft mark when he's at least 6 inches short of that if not more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Most true fans would make the trip, hell im poor and im going.

me too, i'm gonna be in lots of debt by the end of october

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

anyone know where to get tickets for the Belfast show? I checked out ticketmaster ireland but they have no listing for wwe and ticketmaster uk only mentions the manchester ppv? I definetly have to go to Belfast!

Instead of house shows, i wish wwe would do some tv stuff on these tours. For example, the smackdown crew drew 56,000 in australia last week but why didn`t they tape a smackdown show so the fans around the world coud see proper angles and finishes? I went to rebellion last year in manchester and while it was good, it was also pretty predictable. A few weeks ago, while in Boston, I saw Smackdown in the Fleet Centre and it was so much better (except for the messed up finish) because it meant somethg and was unpredictable (I was damn sure that Angle was winning the strap from `Taker!!)

Phelim

Originally posted by Glowingmind
    It's long been practise to claim the the wrestlers are much bigger than they actually are,

*** I know. The Big Show is closer to 400lbs than 500lbs.

exaggeration is all part of the show, like jr screaming "oh my god he's fallen 30ft" when it was obviously less than half that, it's all part of the show. For a long time they claimed Kane was close to the 7ft mark when he's at least 6 inches short of that if not more.

*** Kane is 6ft7 and wears insoles or similar to make him look taller than the 6ft10 undertaker. I know people who know Rock and he is 6ft5 so we can judge other guys heights on this.

wtf . . . is someone saying that kane wears 4 inch plus insoles?

I don't know what he does but he is minimum 2inches shorter than UT. They say UT is 6ft10 and Kane 7ft say UT is 6ft9 and Kane is 6ft7 then he is probably getting 4inches from his shoes and UT would be in fairly flat ones.

Why UT's brother had to be taller beats me it would have been easier for him to be shorter. Maybe Kane was the closest looking bloke they could get to the UT? BTW - He looks better with the mask on! :D

well there is no was he has 4 inch incoles - thats just nonsense

as regards the mask - he hasto - not just for the storyline - he would be recognised as the fake diesel and issac yankem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

From what I've heard wrestler exagerate by 2 inches (just ask their wives! *sni.gger*) and 30lbs. This would make Rock 6'3 about 245lbs and HHH 6'2 around 240lbs.

There's always exceptions to this rule of thumb of course. Big Slow is, as the guy says, close to 400lbs and Kurt Angle (to my estimation) is closer to 5'10 than 6'2 as WWE.com quote him. Then of course you have guys like Chris Jericho, Kane and Rob Van Dam who wear lifts in their boots to make them look taller.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Pigman
    From what I've heard wrestler exagerate by 2 inches (just ask their wives! *sni.gger*) and 30lbs. This would make Rock 6'3 about 245lbs and HHH 6'2 around 240lbs.

*** There is no way HHH is that light. I am 6ft3 and 255lbs with 18.5in arms [genuinely] and HHH is 280 and lean at about 9% bodyfat versus my 16%. The 7% difference make a huge difference as it means a 3inch smaller waist measurement! Rock is defo 6ft5 and 270-275 and pretty lean but not under 10%.

There's always exceptions to this rule of thumb of course. Big Slow is, as the guy says, close to 400lbs and Kurt Angle (to my estimation) is closer to 5'10 than 6'2 as WWE.com quote him.

*** What I found was that guys who used to wrestle for WWF like Hogan were down as 6ft10 and 320lbs on the wwf site but on the WCW site he was down to a more realistic 6ft6 and 270-280lbs IIRC

Then of course you have guys like Chris Jericho, Kane and Rob Van Dam who wear lifts in their boots to make them look taller.

*** I think now the WWE is being more honest about the weights of the wrestlers. Hogan was once reported as having the biggest arms in the world when he was standing next to Macho Man who clearly had bigger guns. :D

Advertisement