Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fund stuff

Options
  • 24-07-2002 4:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Ok. It's been mentioned here before, but I REALLY think we should set up a fund for people who can't quite afford to go to CTYI.

AND! For next year I nominate Serena <y'know the one... the American...>. Cause she might not be able to go next year so... y'know... that would really suck. HENCE I think we should fix this. SO... all in favour say aye. Then we'll work out what to donate. Ok? Good.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

what about me????? i am poor. i live in an igloo. ( oh, that was bizarre. for a minute the "p" on my keyboard didnt work. i was "oor.") anyways, my brother is going to try to take away my last year at CTYI by taking the money to go for himself!!! how selfish is that??? yeah..... but im sure serena is more important..... how about we split the funding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

i can't fund anything. my fecking parents have made me pay 1/2 the fee every year!! i'm totally broke!! and NOW they tell me that i "made a deal with them" saying that if i go to CTYI, i pay half AND have to go to french college!!! talk about manipulative bastards!! so, sorry, i can't help out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

is it not more important to get money for people who haven't been to CTYI rather than people who've been here already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

yeah, i know, i agree, but what i'm saying is that i don't have the money to help out.

and i'm a nevermore anyway :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

YES! BRING US CLAIRE TOO!

um... yeah newbies and stuff... but y'see they won't know what they're missing and a lot of them wouldn't be that cool probably. Serena's real ctyi man. and claire seems it too.

SO! I SAY WE SHOULD DO THIS <those that can> AND BRING OUR BELOVED WOMEN TYPES TO US! YES!!!!!

hehehe...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

I think its a good idea especially if we're lucky enough to have money, and if i do by the time 2003 ctyi comes, im definetily gunna donate, especially to either Clare (Bryant, of course) and Kerry, two of the only gals i know from the USA and that need help gettin back here next year. Plus, it would be really kule to see 'em again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Ok. Thought on administration...

We get all the money together BEFORE we decide who it goes on. Then it's split evenly to all people recommended UNLESS they only need a lesser amount to get in and then we'll split the remainder from their amount amongst the rest further.

Sound fair?
    We'll work out how many get it after we know how much we have. So far, nominees are: Serena Golden; Clare Bryant; and Kerry somethingorother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

Just so ya know, its Kerry Weinberg, from NYC, she did medlab in session 1 aswell (of course, like i know anyone else DAMNIT)

again, YAY, my votes count

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

there was someone else from NYC there session 1?! how the heck did i miss that? :eek:

the fund idea is a great one tho- people have to be able to come back- especially if it's gonna be their nevermore year!:(
    i do agree with the point that people who have never come don't know what their missing- it's the campsick ctyiers who long for the return of the summer and the promise of ctyi.......:) what a happy thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

I'd sure as hell donate, but i dont have a steady income and i'm hardly rich so . . . its the thought that counts right? :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement