Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asterisks besides names of some baords

Options
  • 24-07-2002 6:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

What do they mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

If you're talking about the DHTML menu then they mean that there's new posts in the forums with the asterisks beside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

with 2882 posts i think hes taking the piss....

If not if you move your mouse over it in the bottom corner of IE the name and date of lat post(er) appears..
    but i think he just taking the piss or spamming whichever :)

*syspak must hit 3000 by midnight ...heeheehee

Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No, I'm not taking the piss, just wondering.
    But surely there are new posts to each forum ever few minutes, I'm not subscribed to any snd it would therefore imply that every forum would ahve an asterisk beside it cos there are a few I've never been to.

COme up with a better fabrication or more plausible explanation.
    This has been nnoying me for a while now.
    I simply must satisfy my curiousity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by SyxPak
    No, I'm not taking the piss, just wondering.
    But surely there are new posts to each forum ever few minutes, I'm not subscribed to any snd it would therefore imply that every forum would ahve an asterisk beside it cos there are a few I've never been to.
    Its since you last logged in...
    I simply must satisfy my curiousity.

child :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 T4-DEMON

more important:
    WHJAT IS THE PLURAL OF ASTERIX???/

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It means that since the last time YOU were logged in that forum has had new posts (arent we nice and informative).
    Even if you dont read that board, so long as you stayed on Boards a certain length of time in that visit (ie it wasnt a flying visit) we mark all the new posts as a read.

And its " asterisks "

(note the singular spelling also! :p)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Thanks, I'll actually sleep better tonight.
    Originally posted by jd

child :)

Shup, or...or.or. I'll tell YORE. MA.

Advertisement