Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panorama Special on Collusion

Options
  • 24-07-2002 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Anyone see this last night?

I knew a lot about British Collusion, but the fact that they authorized the sectarian murders of 29 people when only 'a fraction of these were involved with the PIRA' is absolutely disgraceful, and yet the British Government got away with it.

And it seems the only people who got punished in any way is the People who were directly involved. See how quick the brits were to condemn the Israeli bombing, killing 9 Innocents to get 1 terrorist, when they did it in themselves not too far back...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Its worse than just double standard though. Even the people who actually carried out the "hits" went unpunished.
    I think it says a lot about how scandalous collusion was when you think that some inner-circle loyalists didn't even think that they could get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

And the general over the army recieved the military version of an OBE, and was promoted to brigadier. Scandalous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Good post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Jake

Tip of the iceberg Bhoy!
    1. Wonder will we ever find out how high up it went? Remember that the army dont make decisions and simply carry out orders
    2. Across the whole province and indeed the republic (alot of people believe the army were involved in the Dublin/Monaghan bombings) how many were killed in this fashion?
    3. Do/did people seriously believe that theres any such thing as an "honourable war", good guys and bad guys, sure, the provos were nut jobs but I for one never though the Brittish were any better but the Irish establishment insisted on concentrating on the provos despite the years of whispers about what the Brittish were engaging in in the six counties.

Makes me sick, the whole bloody mess.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Mike66

Such a pity the Average "Jackeen" wants to know little of this...

Trouble is today after coming back from yers of work in the USA, the Irish no longer want to raise objections to the Prodestant administrations or English gov

because it would be anti-English

However we are allowed print Disgust Racist remarks about the German/French football team in our great newspapers such as the IRISH?? Star or Mirror

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Trouble is today after coming back from yers of work in the USA, the Irish no longer want to raise objections to the Prodestant administrations or English gov

because it would be anti-English

by any chance did you stop off in northern africa for a spot of basic firearms training and bombmaking 101 on your way back from the good oul us of a?

fair enough there was collusion but remember the arm trials? both side are not blameless. we have gotten this far by compromise. its time to move on. extreme and frankly outdated ideas like your misplaced nationalisim are counter productive and can only serve to destabilize what has been achived.

all you have to do is look at israel. they came so close to peace but allowed it to slip away because of one man(sharon) and his hardline views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Brian Bennette

I was going to come back to this board today to read some good comments posted by certain memebers, but it seems that pots which are not Pro-British or Pro-English have suddenly been deleted.

What happened to the commments on the '72 Exodus of 4,000 Catholics from the North and on Austin Currys efforts to give equal housing, at a time when a Catholic women with children was lfet behind so a single-Prodestant man could recieve a house?

Why are the Pro-British lobby on boardsie try to delete everyone's posts.

I think I may go to other websites and tell everyone that there is a Pro-Monarchy/Pro-British crew trying to force political ideas into peoples minds.

People here in Ireland have a right to express their ideas on the North .

Either re-name the site boards united kindom or get rid of the politics, culture, histroy forums because you Brits have no clue about Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Brian Bennette
    I was going to come back to this board today to read some good comments posted by certain memebers, but it seems that pots which are not Pro-British or Pro-English have suddenly been deleted.

Why are the Pro-British lobby on boardsie try to delete everyone's posts.
    Politics guidelines -- read before posting
    The moderators will not discuss their moderating in the Politics threads. Either PM the moderators, or take it to the Admin forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Brian Bennette

I have already taken this to the Admin forum and there still no response, I suggest that we close the politics thread until the Pro-British lobby here on boards learns to behave and accept the concern and thoughts of the People here in Ireland.

The Irish people have a vote and a voice and it should not be censored, forced out or oppressed.

This is a democratic society not some British monarchy where the Queen elects members to represent here and where a house of Lords has big influence on the people.

Why do the Pro-English people come on this site is it just to bitcch about Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Keep on Trekin

good point

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement