Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun Lovin' Criminals summer party, this Sunday @ Eamonn Dorans

Options
  • 24-07-2002 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

The F.L.C are hosting thier anual summer piss up this Sunday(28th), at Eamonn Dorans. Huey & Fast on the decks + The Fez(steely dan tribute)

Doors 8pm 'till late

"smoke 'em if you got 'em"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

do ya need tickets for this sorta thing??

i reckon it would be well packed!!!!

and will they be giving out free pizza from DiFontanes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

this sounds pretty cool i can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

I'm not being smart, but someone should mention to Huey and the Boys that they need to start reinvesting some of their royalties into Eamon Doran's and Voodoo Lounge. (As far as I understand they have a stake in both.)

In fairness the guys running the gigs there are very nice and do a good job, but the venues have fallen way behind the other pubs in town which are much nicer, cleaner and have more chrome furniture. If we're to attract passers by to gigs, it has to be a pleasant place to spend the evening as well as a good gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ellentic

Dermot Doran & Huey own the Voodoo Lounge..

I'm not sure whether anyone from FLC co-owns Eamon Dorans or anything though...

[Murder Of Crows - Blue Eyes, Dark Skies]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Chrome furniture in a pub? Give me wooden furniture anyday. The pub part of Dorans upstairs is alright.

This night sounds terrible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Arthur Peanut

I agree with you about eamonn dorans, what a dive its become, i dont think anything new has been introduced to it in the last five years, they should run a club called 'stale' in it. Seriously how can any band attract a crowd to it, although saying that i heard that iggy pops aftershow was there and bon jovi once had an aftershow there, maybe theres too many wannabies crowding the VIP clubs of dublin that theyve decided that holding aftershows in dives will deter any hanger ons and eamonn dorans are catering to this niche in the vip market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Eamonn Dorans is a bit of a kip alright, i;ve been there once and would have no great desire to repeat the experience. I don't think FLC have a stake in Eamonn Dorans, its just cos one of their first ever gigs was in Eamonn Dorans in NY, so they always play in temple bar when they're here. Or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

Listen,

Any venue that supports LIVE music ni Dublin is allright in my book. Fair enough it may be dark and dingy but I think that adds character to it. You can shove yer posh wine bars up your arse!!!:p :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭the snitch

i know this may seem real fuddy duddy but there was a time in dublin when most places looked like dorans or an approximation of. dirty floor boards, formica tables and tubular seating. this new clean coffee house dublin with its pubs like opticians waiting rooms all beach flooring and sofas etc., this dublin i don't like. its too generic. dublin in a kind of fordian way could be interchangable with any other european city. there was a time when there were loads more venues of varying quality and comfiness about the city. it didn't matter what the place looked like, it was more a matter of the sounds available.
    i like dorans the way it is. the problem lies not with how it looks but that its not attracting the right bands and nights. this may be the fault of the promotion team/ booking agent/ venue manager. this may be due to the facilities available in terms of the sound and lighting rigs. so c'mon dorans pick your feet up and book more nights like one that brought in dillinger escape plan and nazum.

Advertisement