Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

joy kitikonti - joydontstop (dj helix mix)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nice tune, what did you make it with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

fruityloops3 unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

thought u used fruity 1 ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

It's a little bit cheesy for my liking. Good effort though ;)

;-phobos-)

something more for you then so phobos:

DJ Helix - Gatex 2k2

DJ Helix - Growl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

OK I just want to first point out that I am being as honest as I can with my reviews.

Gatex 2k2 (The link isn't working)
    &
    Growl goes nowhere!. It's not cheesy I'll give you that, with some nice breakbeat action going on there. But that sample you have coming in around 00:47 sounds like something you would hear from a child rolling around on a keyboard, and all it does is constantly pan, back and over between the left and right stereo channels. Everynow and again, you will drop something, do some more panning, bring it back in again, and loop that kind of mularky for the whole song.

It's Dj friendly, but it isn't exactly the kind of thing I would expect to go down very well. Personally what I think is that you have tallent, but your not using the right equipment (it sounds cheap, and tinny).

I hope you don't think I'm coming down hard on you. You asked for my opinion, and this is what I think. I think it's better people be honest with you, instead of everyone filling you with crap, and laughing behind your back. That way you will someday impress the pants off us with something that we'll like.

Fair play ;)

;-phobos-)

gztex link again... accidentally ended it .it instead of .ie! d'oh

http://www.iol.ie/~tunstead/djhelix-gatex2k2.mp3

growl isnt actually meant to go anywhere, hehe. its not really a dance tune as such, even to it is... its just kinda, what it is. headf*ck material really, the tune is basically my take on paranoia, hence the constant shifting of channels and constant repitition. the type of thing just there to completely wreck your head.

and yeah im using crappy equipment... fruityloops 3 and a p2 300! lol

joy has played out gatex 2k2 however, and its the one ive had most luck with. nice insane techno really

Advertisement