Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quiting a job

• 24-05-2001 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

whats a nicer way to say, i got a better job HA HA good luck n mind ur self tongue.gif lol (well u get the idea)

p.s. i may want the job back 6 months later
    "just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

[This message has been edited by azezil (edited 24-05-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I quit to go back to college, it was tough. A couple of things, which may be repeated in the article I've linked, but I'll say cos they're important:

- Don't burn bridges under any circumstances, you may need the co. or meet an ex-coworker sometime in future professional life. Keep smiling even if they kick you in the teeth.

- Get in real early the day you're going to tell them, and get your boss in the kitchen alone if possible. Find some way to talk privately over coffee, that helps. Have *good* reasons for leaving, dont badmouth them though, and make up reasons if it's just money: hinting at that may get them to give you a counter offer.

- if you get on well enough with them, don't resign, say you are considering it: then the whole counter-offer thing can come in.

Write a good letter too.

Anyways, read the article. Best of luck.

Al.

http://www.hightechcareers.com/docs/quitjob.html

Advertisement