Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No tears please... Session 2 finale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 joltgirl02

yes well, the title says it all really.

by the way, sorry to ask, but who are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Well, I was at both Session 1 and 2, so that should narrow it down a bit...

ok so your an ra or some form of member of staff. and im guessing by your name that your female... hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

session 1 ruled. all the funnest people were there, like genevieve, john of the guitar, hugh, macdara of the pr0n book, sim, several sarahs, sexy conor(tm), garog, among many many others...

and then there was matthew and danny. well, you can't have everything

stargal were you an ra??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

i actually wanted to go to session two..... everyone's heard this but, session 1 mostly sucked for me, cause i knew v. few people there when i arrived. (2).

And don't give me you made new friends crap. yes i did, but i am tried of making more+more friends every time i go there. what's wrong with the ones i have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

did they have arse laods of pr0n?
    I bet not! woop woop woop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

and a complete lack of skill in the art of spelling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

funny?me?

:p Session 2 has been a bit quieter compared to y'all and the stuff you got up to last session. Sure, it still rocked but everything was a bit calmer this time round.

We're getting ready for the closing ceremony and farewell disco at the moment, everyone's a bit hyper (understandably) but there are a lot of exhausted RAs and TAs walking around! eaking of which, how come no-one ever mentions their TA?!

(I got the best of both worlds, I was an RA last session and a TA this time:) )

• Advertisement

Um, think I mean to write 'speaking'. Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

/me crys
    Session 2 rocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

You really can't make a generalised statement as to which session was better, cus the experience is different for everyone really.

I had a great fecking time, except they were A LOT stricter on us, possibly cus of stuff that happened in S1, maybe.

But, on the upside, i made friends with some really great people, ran into some old friends, and for the last disco was a pimp!

Twas great!

Yeah , what happened at S1? still, just finished going through the photos..... ahh the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

1:Some genius got the idea of showing Memento the psychology class in S1. This meant no videos above 12s.

2:The 2001 ras were considered to have been too laid back. Shaun and co decided to not invite any of them back as ras. Some were tas, and Adam was a groupie of sorts,but all the ras were new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

Baaaaaa!!!!!!
    Nigel sweetheart, i presume you are the one who dressed up as a pimp @ last disco- i think i won the slut race!!!
    oh and our ra group kinda wiped the board i think - or else lisa's one...that girl is a legend.
    have just looked at all photos - miss everyone already!!!!

barry! i eventually did go home - though they were an hour and a half late for me but hey, at least i got to stay longer in CTYI.
    chat ya later

Would hat girl be the one with the cool blue jean like material hat shaped like a french hat?

/me waves HI to Éadaoín and Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

hey theresa,hou-man and barry-éadaoin here

twas neil,not nigel,who was pimpin' on the last night.

i want to go to bed.

oh,and session2 was all kinds of brilliant.the ra's were too strict though.

So true, but hey I got my picture taken with Susan on the night of the last disco, I'm happy :P I'm playing an online game atm, :)

• Advertisement

Yes, that would be me with the blue jean (French shaped?!) hat.
    Sorry, I meant NEIL as the pimp, but i always mix those two up - THEY DO LOOK ALIKE!!!!
    xxxx
    Theresa
    (Hey to Eadaoin!)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

yes the ras were stricter. Last night, my roommate and I were caught out of bed in a friends room - at 4.45 we had to do runs around the quad. I was in socks, she was in slippers, and they woke up our friends roommate and made her run aswell even tho she was sick! evil ras :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

wow that sucks
    i was caught going back to my own room at 3:00 am and all i got was a lecture
    and a bunch of us were caught on the mixed corridor at 2:00am we just got sent back to bed

There was a slight prob - they had been looking for us since 3am - we had stupidly left out lights on d'oh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I was a good pimp. ME and NIGEL LOOK NOTHING ALIKE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

damn straight.you both have general human characteristics such as eyebrows,but that's as far as it goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

Some of the RAs were strict but some were not. I had Eoin, he was really sound on the last night apart from catching us in the corridors at half three. We woke up sean for the morning run on the last day and he was ok about it.

They were strict about somethings but not others. Overall i think they were grand. Session 2 rocked! I got the best TA and Instructor. My TA came to the last disco and got up on stage in a dressing gown and pink winnie the pooh sunglasses and danced. It was brilliant.

-Rob

I know sometimes it can seem a bit strict, but without rules the whole thing would fall apart! (Didn't anyone read about/watch The Stanford Experiments?) To be fair, y'all did have a lot of freedom, espec on the days out and during social hours:D

yeah they were fine, but I still stand by the fact that 10.30 is wayyyyyy too early for 16 year olds - they are practically MAKING us stay up.....well that and the fact 90% of people are hopped up on jolt all day :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mbabazi

Agreed that for many 16 year olds 10.30 is too early, but can you imagine the chaos...

9.45 "OK 12 year olds to your rooms"

10.00 "13 year olds to your rooms"

10.15 "Rooms 14 year olds. Lights out 12 year olds!"

10.30 "Lights out 13 year olds! 15 year olds, into rooms please!"

10.45 "14 year olds lights out! 16 year-olds, rooms!"

11.00 "Lights out 15 year olds!"

11.15 "Lights out 16 year olds"

:-)

Advertisement