Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy

Options
  • 24-07-2002 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Final Fantasy: which is best

Which is the best Final Fantasy 23 votes

Gameboy (FF Legend 1, 2 , 3; FF Adventure)
    0% 0 votes
    Nes (Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3)
    0% 0 votes
    Final Fantasy 4 (2 in US)
    8% 2 votes
    Final Fantasy 5
    0% 0 votes
    Final Fantasy 6 (3 in US)
    4% 1 vote
    Final Fantasy 7
    13% 3 votes
    Final Fantasy 8
    43% 10 votes
    Final Fantasy 9
    17% 4 votes
    Final Fantasy 10
    4% 1 vote
    Final Fantasy Mystic Quest/Tactics
    8% 2 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

why isn't anyone but me voting for 6?!! it was the best!! closely followed by 7!! graphics aren't everything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

I said 7 10 and 1
    on the basis that 7 has been the game that has the most influence on my life ever.
    if happened on my "coming of age" and is my first clear memory of gaming.
    I was around 10 years olf and it took me around 8 months to finish it, but I got so incredably into it that fact I sucked at the game didnt comprehend :)
    <SPOILER EDITED - A>and spent ages trying to get all the Chocobos which I finally managed on like the 7th month.
    I picked 10 because I'm playing it now and its so very very pretty and cool and did I mention pretty? and the characters r0x0r, not as much as 7's though and did I mention its cool? and the voice acting was done brilliantly :)

and I picked 1 because it gave us the
    Greatest Webcomic Ever (tm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

<Bad boy, big BIG plot spoiler, there are still plenty of people who havent played it - A>

FF7 rox tho, oh yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Hold on... 7 was 97? ... so... 15? hehehe... i use thought! whee!

Personally... CHRONOTRIGGER WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OF THOSE!

<thinks>.... probably... 4? 6 got a bit thin at an early point and i lost patience with it. I have a very short attention span.

yeah, chrono trigger was cool. what was your fav. party?? mine was chrono, from, and magus. they ruled. i want to play chrono cross, but i can't find it anywhere online, and i'm broke.

anyone ever play terranigma?? another great game in the spirit of chrono trigger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Chronotrigger was good, but if youre adding in other Square RPGs, then you missed out on four other BIG ones, Parasite Eve, Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Xenogears 2.

Final Fantasy 7 was by FAR the best of them. After that, Final Fantasy 5.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

FF6 Rocked ass! So did FF7. I like 6 because Kefka is sooo cool and sort of reminds me of Abie (the T.A. in the writing for life class for the past two years). He was my T.A. in 2001 Ses1. He was cool. FF7 was good because it was easy to follow and had a lot of minigames and cool characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

WHERE'S ATARI JAGUAR?!?!???DON'T YOU PEOPLE REALISE THAT WE CAN'T HAVE A POLL IN THIS FORUM WITHOUT ATARI JAGUAR???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

HEY, Asuka, That was already mentioned b4 when they cried when it happened or something i wouldnt have done it otherwise!
    so there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

parasite eve was a rpg? sweet, two was good but in rpg form it would own, i've only played 2

• Advertisement

Well, I consider it to be an RPG. It was as close as you could get to a perfect 50/50 crossover between Resident Evil and Final Fantasy.

IMO Kefka was one of the worst villains of the series. He was evil and all but i found he had very little personality, and not even a particularly memorable theme tune. Exdeath rocked severely as a villain, i kept getting the impression that while he was thoroughly evil, he was taking the piss half the time (and hed want to be to have Gilgamesh as a lieutenant :)) The worst villain had to be Ultimecia though, completely undeveloped, although Seifer was a good villain for FF8. But Sephiroth was WITHOUT A DOUBT the best due to a depth that simply wasnt there for ANY of the other FF villains.

Atari Jaguar added for non-final fantasy fans (grrr).

A

Actually Im amazed that 8 is doing so well, while Tactics hasnt got a single vote. I know very few people have played tactics and all, but it was nonetheless a BRILLIANT game, and i would be hard-pressed to choose between it and 5 for second place to 7.

A

DO HAVE TACTICS??? I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT FOR AGES!! I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE, AND I WANT IT SOOO MUCH!!! I'VE GOT EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE SERIES EXCEPT THAT AND 10 (damn ps2:confused: :mad: )

Yeah, I have it somewhere. On import only, of course.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Kefka had the most memorable theme tune ever. It was that weird one that went from a quiet and slightly friendly series of high notes to a big loud deep evil climax. It's one of the greatest pieces of music ever. And what do you mean no personality? His personality was that he could go from joking around to poisoning an entire village in the space of two seconds. He was cool because he was sarcastically funny and 100% evil. Too bad he was so weak at the end of the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

IMNSHO, Final...

Fantasy

sucks!
    It's not an RPG.its a crappy "adventure" game for playstation kids who think they're smart because they can play an RPG.
    and Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I think SquareSoft are definitely one of the best at creating a decent plot. i mean, i've played a fair few other rpg's, but a lot of them don't hold my attention due to parts requiring an item you sold 'o so long ago and have no idea where it is (remember me and Planescape Torment Sven? :) )

Originally posted by G@ndalf It's not an RPG.its a crappy "adventure" game for playstation kids who think they're smart because they can play an RPG.
    and Meh. [/B]
    Oh dear. A D&D loser, no doubt.

A

E-GADS YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

where'd you get tactics?? i need it to live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

I generally despise turn based rpgs. They bore my buttocks off and fail to make any sense. Imagine if those rules applied in real life?

2 knackers get in a fight with each other:
    Knacker 1- Stands still for a minute thinking what to do
    Knacker 2- Tries to hit Knacker 1
    Knacker 1- Shouts angrily 'you cant hit me, i havent bleedin gone ye!'
    Knacker 2- Patiently waits as knacker 1 decides to kick him. We see the blow connect perfectly and somehow, it misses.
    Only now can knacker 2 retaliate for some reason which escapes me. Thats why Ill stick to real time thank you (SOM2,BG2,NWN)

• Advertisement

Like i said, I got it on import from the US.

A

Advertisement