Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I get charged for attempting connection?

Options
  • 25-07-2002 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Tonight i tried getting online 10 times but was cut off because i had the"incorrect username or password".Which is odd since i never changed my username and dont have a password.Anyway,do i get charged for those attempts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Short answer: yes, you do.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was having the exact same problem last night, let me guess, eircom? I gave up after three attempts. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

I had the exact same problem. Must have been a fcuk up on eircon's side. With people trying multiple times it must have been a nice little earner for them... ;)

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I had trouble getting a line to errorcom on the 23rd, took me 15 mins , redialling every second to get in. (1891 no.)

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

realisticaly you should`nt but errcom will charge you.
    you could ring customer service to quiry your bill and have all calls to the same number that last less than 30sec deleted. I did this once when i was dialing a friend repeatedly and i kept getting static.
    i was charged for these calls of about 10sec. I got them removed from my bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

May I suggest that this is one of the points we can mention with PC Live when we offer help in their ISP survey construction?

Please read the following thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Just to kind of counteract - on Tuesday Esat's free dial up (not NoLimits - the pay per minute non subsrciption one - yeah) went completely dead and my net connection dropped suddenly (that never happens to me for some reason) when I tried to reconnect, there was only idle beeping every four seconds or so. Thus, I connected to Eircom with no faults. About four hours later when I was logging out for the night I decided to try again - still idle beeping...:rolleyes: it seems as if most connections have the same problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

If you make any conx to the Internet no matter how long it takes Yes you will pay a minimum call fee charge to eircom,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

This happened to me the other night too. Irritating it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

why r u using eircom they r the cause of all our woe's
    switch to oceanfree or esat or anything but eircom its only through everyone abandonin them that they will learn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It doesn't matter what ISP you use the call charges still go to eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I find that Elive is a really good ISP, I usually dial up first time, asides from the odd engaged tone and I can get really good connection rates also :)

Advertisement