Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45

Options
  • 25-07-2002 10:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Not strictly Business/Economy I guess, but...

I think I remember my last employer giving me my P45, however I can't remember where it is. Can I get onto my previous employer to get a new one, or am I screwed?

Also, it's been five-odd years since I was in a position with PRSI, PAYE and all that crap, I've been a conslutant in the interim -- is there anything I should be aware of? Like, is there some obscure rule whereby the Government takes 99.9% of my salary until retirement age, and then gives it to the first politician to get his hand up. Or summat? :)

adam

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

All you do is get your new employers number and go into the tax office with your Prsi number.They will then set you up as working for your new employer.The only draw back is that you may have to go on emergency tax for a few weeks.But the difference between this and your actual tax is refunded when you tax contribution is calculated.
    The process is usually quicker if you do this in person.
    Richie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

As stated there'll be emergency tax until you get it to your current employers. Just call up the rev. comms and say your dog ate it. They're a reasonable bunch :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks guys. If only I had a dog! :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Its a dodgy excuse at the best of times anyway !!

--
    Hope the new job is going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

AFAIK, you only need a P45 if you are changing jobs in the same tax year. If you leave your job in December and dont start a new one until January (new tax year), then all you need to do is ring up the tax office and ask them to send out a tax cert to your new employer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement