Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running the same xp pro?

Options
  • 25-07-2002 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

just a quick question,

lets just say in theory I was running the same xp pro (installed from the same cd, forget about the activation key etc) on two pc's, would I still be able to network them using my hub etc or does windows haven some file in the reg or something that has a unique id that would stop you networking the 2 0s's together?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

from experience i had my PC and 2 laptops all installed from same CD networked together.

Your allowed have a PC and a laptop with one cd so there is no code to stop you doing it .

kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Hoojah Nickabolokov

can be done with the professional edition. but that would be illegal wunnit? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

Hoojah Nickabolokov can be done with the professional edition. but that would be illegal wunnit?

yeah i'm trying to find out about xp pro.... in regards to the illegal I'm thinking in theory could it work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Hoojah Nickabolokov
    but that would be illegal wunnit? :)

Yup.

Office XP can be installed no a desktop and a laptop (provided you don't use both at the same time yadda yadda)

Windows XP can be installed on one machine only

That's the legalities out of the way.

Ignoring that, can't see any reason why it wouldn't work (have to admit I've not tried it, main machine is still on win2k).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

XP Pro machines don't interrogate each other for registration details so you could have as many machines using the same key as you like (legalities excluded). And yes, I have tried it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

XP Pro machines don't interrogate each other for registration details so you could have as many machines using the same key as you like (legalities excluded). And yes, I have tried it.

Nice one Brother! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

yer it works *

*personal experience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

yeah, i think you got your answer.

Gav

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement