Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email question again

Options
  • 25-07-2002 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

OKay so say I have an email address webwannabe@webwannabe.com and I get that forwarded onto and free email address, say webwannabe@eircom.net, now saying this works if I forward/download all my mail to outlook on my home PC will my original webwannabe mail be downloaded too.

Also say I have 5 email addresses all going to webwannabe@eircom.net and then all going to outlook, when I am replying to these mails will I have the choice of the 5 email addresses to send them from ???? I hope this makes sense to someone...

any help would be welcome:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Hoojah Nickabolokov

1. all your forwarding mails will come into your outlook eircom a/c
    2. when you reply to them it will be from your eircom a/c (and not the forwarding address the original mail has come from)
    Bolok.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Hoojah Nickabolokov
    1. when you reply to them it will be from your eircom a/c (and not the forwarding address the original mail has come from)
    Bolok.

Well, that's not strictly true. If the mail server for webwannabe com will allow SMTP connections then you could set up Outlook to allow you email from either. If you can access the webwannabe mail server from anywhere, you can also get your email from there without setting up email forwarding. Search the web and find some resources on how email works. It's actually really simple, and really helpful to know.

:)

Advertisement