Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****ing ISDN is broke

Options
  • 25-07-2002 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

hello lads

my ISDN won't work properly. When I connect on single channel the phone line won't work, when I connect on dual it will only connect to the B-channel (Error 678: "There was no answer" on A-channel).

Needless to say eircom have been about as helpful as a bucket of shlt.

Maybe I need to reprogramme the TA ports? I use an Eicon Diva.

Any thoughts would be great, thanks

BolloK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

You should probably get back onto them, sounds like a line issue, or a problem with the box on the wall (ntu or whatever it's called :) )
    I'm not sure what you mean by "reprogramme the TA ports" but I doubt the TA is causing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

You should try to make a phone call using the ISDN box while your PC is connected to the net via the B channel. If you can't make a phone call then it could be a line fault on one of your ISDN lines.

I meant to say that too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Hoojah Nickabolokov

yeah when I said reprogramme the TA I meant the ntu(?) box thing. ;) You can programme what phone number is on each phone port using your phones handset.

yes the phone doesn't work in either phone port when I'm connected on the B-channel. Also, when the phone is connected to either ntu port (net disconnected) and I call either of the phone numbers, there's no ringing, just that clicking noise from the box. The phone will only actually ring from it's little socket up the hallway. Something's seriously fuct.

I've had plenty of problems in the past, the road is getting dug-up nearby so I've lost everything for a couple of days, lines getting crossed, it's a mess...

:(

Call Eircom again, there's no point messing around with it yourself.
    Try to avoid mentioning that it's affecting internet access.
    They have to check it out.

• Advertisement

cheers Frank, one of the callback guys rang me and said that something was up that caused my line to drop & they'll have it sorted out "asap" (:rolleyes:). in fairness to him he was more than helpful which is rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    Try to avoid mentioning that it's affecting internet access

yeah, i've always wondered why eircom staff are always looking on internet access as 'less important' ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

yeah, i've always wondered why eircom staff are always looking on internet access as 'less important' ?????

I dont think so that where thay make all there money from data not voice ........... it may not be as important to some who spends allday chatting but explain to them nicely how much you spend on Internet charges and they might just get up of there arses and get stuff done!

Guru

got a call from a technician earlier, i was down for 5 mins then all fixed :eek:

I'm still in shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Hoojah Nickabolokov
    got a call from a technician earlier, i was down for 5 mins then all fixed :eek:

Wow, so those guys in the little eircom vans speeding down the road are actually going somewhere, perhaps even to do something useful. Wonders will never cease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by sceptre

Wow, so those guys in the little eircom vans speeding down the road are actually going somewhere, perhaps even to do something useful.
    eh actually they do. most of the linesmen/techies are sound, and work quite hard...
    try and engaging them in conversation..(rather than ranting about Eircom suxx)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by jd

eh actually they do. most of the linesmen/techies are sound, and work quite hard...
    try and engaging them in conversation..(rather than ranting about Eircom suxx)

Aye, unfair comment from me. I've never actually met an eircom tech that was less than sound.

Odd, two weeks ago I was travelling from Limerick to Cork (through Bweeng of all places) - saw eleven (moving) eircom vans on the way (three between Bweeng and Blarney) in 90 minutes - obviously that day put me in mind that the vans just zip around and around.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

I've met 2 eircoms techs.
    One didnt understand that on ISDN if ur on the i-net ur other line should be ringing if some 1 rings. He kept saying that if ur on the internet that ur phone is busy.

The second that came down did know what he was doing but decided to give out to me for losing my ISDN booklet thingy after 2 yrs.
    My experience with engineers ;x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    I've met 2 eircoms techs.
    One didnt understand that on ISDN if ur on the i-net ur other line should be ringing if some 1 rings. He kept saying that if ur on the internet that ur phone is busy.

The second that came down did know what he was doing but decided to give out to me for losing my ISDN booklet thingy after 2 yrs.
    My experience with engineers ;x

they prolly work in phones and not internet.. if they are working in the internet side, then their not engineer's, especially that first bloke.

I got an 'engineer' like that before. I've never heard so much woffle in my life... me being fully qualified in my area of tech, I just agreed with him, keep him happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

:mad: had the same trouble upgraded to a new pc with xp the old adapter for isdn would not work webflyer piece of sh?t been on line with 56k for while then got a new adapter for it would not run they have still gharged for my isdn for weeks when i rang they said there was a fault told them i was realy fed up with this your man said give them one hour to check things with my exghange yo and behold when he rang he asked me to log on everything is sweet now and running two lines no sweat :)
    they have ghanged ?

Advertisement