Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got me new case

Options
  • 25-07-2002 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

OK courrier arrived today at work with me new case.
    Its a full size black Chieftec Dragon.

Took it out of the box and put the front panels on but to my shock the door wont close unless you lift it a bit and the top panel doesn't fit on fully. :(

Anyone have these problems??

Otherwise its a great case, should have my cathodes in soon and piccy's to come.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I ordered the Midi Tower but the door and all came on the case...
    Ive no problems with it and id say its the best case ive seen and used!

You could email them about it as im guessing you ordered it through Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah i'll think ill hafta do that.
    Need to get it home where i have a camera.
    Will have pics about midnight or so.

My new case gallery of my case The Way Of The Dragon

I know i know the name needs work.
    Anyone else on boards who mods there dragon can send me the pics and i'll put em up on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Is that a 92mm CPU fan? what CPU temp you running?

Originally posted by marauder
    Is that a 92mm CPU fan? what CPU temp you running?

Its a 80mm Delta fan.
    CPU temps on a XP1900(1.6GHz @ 1.7v) running at XP2100(1.73 @ 1.85v) are about 42*c max

• Advertisement

What temp should a CPU run at anywho? I have a AthlonXP 1600 and it can run from 30*c to 45*c ... what temp should it run at? Im looking at getting another 8cm Fan for the case.

Originally posted by Winters
    What temp should a CPU run at anywho? I have a AthlonXP 1600 and it can run from 30*c to 45*c ... what temp should it run at? Im looking at getting another 8cm Fan for the case.

Those temps are ok tbh.
    Mine are Case:29*c CPU:41*c and thats not load. and its running grand. I have mine OC'd don't forget.

Get yer self 2 nice low noise fans for out take and 1 or 2 intake.
    Peats do Titan ones.
    I have 2 xilium 80mm ones from my last case and a delta 92mm at the top.

I have a papst but i need to fix the connector on it.

The case is fairly loud but cool and after a while you don't notice it.

I'd recommend getting the 2 outtakes first or maybe 1 in and 1 out.

Also get some modding done on your pc and i'll put some piccys of it on the gallery.

Was looking at getting http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=18826&t=734&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=28&GrpID=3&s=pl from komplett.

My pc runs really quiet.. i switched off a few times cos i didnt know it was running so a quiet fan would be nice :)

I've got some very loud fans in there cause i want the high cfm's.
    Im going to change all mine to titan i think so it'll be quiet but powerful.

word of warning if you are working inside the case get finger grills.

Do you really need finger grills? The back of the case is covered but i would not think that i would need finger grills.... if im working on the case it would be turned off and there would be no wires anywhere near. Prices at peats:

Metal Finger Guards
    Plastic Finger Guards

Which would be better, metal or plastic?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Winters
    Do you really need finger grills? The back of the case is covered but i would not think that i would need finger grills.... if im working on the case it would be turned off and there would be no wires anywhere near. Prices at peats:

Metal Finger Guards
    Plastic Finger Guards

Which would be better, metal or plastic?

Metal look so much better.

I only use metal ones.

Was thinking of getting some of them laser cut ones with the designs on them.
    I really like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

ppc, where does it say on that peats page that the titan are nice and quiet? They are just bog standard case fans, not any better than what you find in any bog standard psu.

winters, that enermax looks good, comes with a grille and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

picked up my kingwin 436wb case . my motherbaord still hasn't arrived so I will have to wait to get going.

Ill post some pics when done......

I have to say thats a mighty fine case you got there. I think i will get that enermax fan. It seems good to me and also comes with the grille plate yolk as Gerry pointed out. Its says it runs quiet and thats what i want as my case at the moment is very quiet.

Its just €5 or €6 more then peats and its gonna get delivered to my door so i think ill go for that.. Ill order it once i get money :D

Originally posted by Gerry
    ppc, where does it say on that peats page that the titan are nice and quiet? They are just bog standard case fans, not any better than what you find in any bog standard psu.

winters, that enermax looks good, comes with a grille and all.

It doesnt but i have some in work and they are about 35dbA and about the same cfm wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Spook

not a bad looking case at all. Just need to spray paint the cd roms and floppy.
    regarding noisey pc's. ppc's is VERY NOISEY with that massive fan turned on.

yeah but noise is cool, it lets everyone know you've got a fast pc.

Aye the noise means speed usually.
    But soon will have water cooling and will be silent.

Next job on the list is to tidy it. OMG the mess inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Spook

to me noise is good means pc is okay. no noise is bad ie fan stopped and a very good chance of pc being on fire or at least smoking.
    but with ppc too load cant think.
    it looks tidy inside the pc ppc you can actually see the board and the chip. mines getting worse with power, ide and led cables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Nice looking tower case PPC but the black Dell Midi Tower's case's still own it.

I presume you mean the workstation dell tower venom, yes I have a d530 in work, and its class :) So cool looking and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I got one of the Clear PC case's in www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk
    www.clearpc.ca

look's really cool and also picked up a Lazer led from the States instead of a neon.. Case goes together like a dream and is relly unique looking(think of it like a big window mod)
    :)

Originally posted by Borderfox
    I got one of the Clear PC case's in www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk
    www.clearpc.ca

look's really cool and also picked up a Lazer led from the States instead of a neon.. Case goes together like a dream and is relly unique looking(think of it like a big window mod)
    :)

Nice one.

I've just gotten my new vfd and got the psu's for my 2 other cathodes, so all will fall into place soon.

Got a lovely 44x writer aswell :D

Surely a perspex case does nothing to reduce the RFI ( radio frequency interference ) coming from your pc, as it has no shielding. I'd be doubtful about putting it in a room with anything else.

casepic.jpg
    vfd.jpg

Need i say more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Surely a perspex case does nothing to reduce the RFI ( radio frequency interference ) coming from your pc, as it has no shielding. I'd be doubtful about putting it in a room with anything else.

All clear cases suffer from this problem. They suggest you take the side panel off your PC for a while to see if it causes interference before buying a clear case.

That looks cool.

and thats just about all i can say about that.

Update

casepic2.jpg

Just decided to move the green to the top instead.

Need another blue for the bottom now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

PPC... Very Nice job.

Must Have cost ya a bomb? You Should Plaster that all over the Net now. Probably One of the BEst I've Seen so Far.

All You Need is that BMW Chair Now.. heh ;)

Advertisement