Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens vs Nokia

Options
  • 25-07-2002 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

For years I have had Nokia phones, however for a change I got a Siemens S45 last April and have been amazed by it. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's miles better that a Nokia phone. You can create your own shortcuts, store all sorts of files (useable memory of 0.5 mb), perform your own software upgrades with the cable that comes supplied with the phone etc. Does anyone else have an S45, and if so I'm curious to know how you think it compares to a Nokia (or other leading brands).
    Just thought I'd share this with you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I'm a big fan of Siemens' phones, bar the C45 <- yuk! :)

Nokia phones are alright but I can't even begin to emphasise how much I *hate* the physical clicking noises off the keys. With Siemens' phones, it's all nice, rubbery & silent. Bless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Fidelis
    I'm a big fan of Siemens' phones, bar the C45 <- yuk! :)

Nokia phones are alright but I can't even begin to emphasise how much I *hate* the physical clicking noises off the keys. With Siemens' phones, it's all nice, rubbery & silent. Bless :)

yes the first thing i do with my nokia is to turn of the key clicking noises.
    and its so easy to turn of. imagine getting annoyed by something that so easy to turn off.....

anyway, i only use nokia because to be honest ive always hated all the others interfaces. and after using a nokia for so long, using it second nature to me.
    besides, i think they just make nice phones.
    i wub my little 8850.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Hey even my missus thinks that Nokia's are miles better!
    Of course she had to go of and buy one of those "cute" S45's to find out....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

http://www.geocities.com/rabbitinlights2000/umb_sl45_8.jpg

check that out, a mate of mine in siemens tech put in new LED's to my SL45, looks fairly savage!!
    he also updated the software so it would accept a 128Mb MMC so thats about 2hrs of excelent quality music!!
    would not swap it for any nokia!!!

PS thats not my actual fone but mine looks the exact same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    imagine getting annoyed by something that so easy to turn off...

I am infact talking about the innocuous clicking sound which comes from the phone itself when you depress the keys, not the tones coming from the speaker.

Imagine getting a rise out of being perpetually sarcastic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Im a nokia man myself , reliable , never had a problem and i know the interface inside out.

And they have finally released the mmmm7650 mmmmm, gonna get me one of those (when the price comes down a tad)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Fidelis

I am infact talking about the innocuous clicking sound which comes from the phone itself when you depress the keys, not the tones coming from the speaker.

True, that annoys me about the Nokia's as well, that and I find the call quality seems better on Siemens

Imagine getting a rise out of being perpetually sarcastic...

Don't get me started on HIM again :-D

Advertisement