Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multiscreen Commonwealth Games Blocked In ROI

• 25-07-2002 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Thank goodness for FTA cards

I did not refer to the blocked service as interactive. It is a complete misnomer. Interactive means that the user actually affects the broadcasters output.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭mike2084

Yeah I am pretty disapointed about this and I don't have a free to air card as I ain't got the guts to get one and I'm afraid it would de-activate my main card. Anyway we got the British Open and Wimbledon and surely the BBC is the host broadcaster for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

RTÉ, TV3 or TG4 aren't showing the games so rights can't be a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

I ain't got the guts to get one and I'm afraid it
    Not going to happen if its done right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Originally posted by Michael Walsh
    I don't have a free to air card as I ain't got the guts to get one and I'm afraid it would de-activate my main card.

Do you really think Sky will allow your subscription card to be deactivated? It runs entirely counter to their interests to lose that revenue. Even if you did happen to be caught cheekily activating a FTA card on your box, the worst that will happen is that they won't allow the FTA activation.

rest assured, it's a 'risk' worth taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 seca2

Stop crying you whingers
    ROI is not in the Commenwealth so does not deserve to see it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by seca2
    Stop crying you whingers
    :D

Originally posted by seca2
    Stop crying you whingers

Thats right, it is the simplest solution, I've said it here before,lets all rejoin the UK,on condition it becomes a Republic-Bertie for President-full Sky service(sky plus yipee!):D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:D
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Simple solution :Just rob them of their FTV cards.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Emailed BBC last night, asked why we dont get interactive Commonwealth Games, Heres the reply,

Dear Mr Hopper

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'Free to Air' digital television.

We can not show this service in the Republic of Ireland due to copyright and
    contractual reasons.

We hope this information is of assistance.

Thank you and best wishes.

BBC Digital Information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by DaveH
    Emailed BBC last night, asked why we dont get interactive Commonwealth Games, Heres the reply,

We can not show this service in the Republic of Ireland due to copyright and contractual reasons.

Stating the obvious, but odd that BBC is on SKy Digi in the ROI at all (or indeed on Chorus or NTL) if that's the truth behind the reason not to have the service here*

*again stating the obvious, but I'll bet it just ain't the truth

• Advertisement
Advertisement