Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best beatles album?

• 25-07-2002 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Which is the best beatles album?

best beatles album? 22 votes

A Hard Days Night
    0% 0 votes
    Help
    0% 0 votes
    Rubber Soul
    0% 0 votes
    Revolver
    4% 1 vote
    Sgt Pepper
    54% 12 votes
    Magical Mystery Tour (EP/Album)
    13% 3 votes
    Abbey Road
    4% 1 vote
    Let it Be
    13% 3 votes
    other
    0% 0 votes
    Alan: Tough one. I think I’d have to say ‘The Best of the Beatles’.
    9% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

gasp, no white album? thats me favorite, thought not nessecarily thier 'best'.

Toss up between Revolver and Peppers. Revolver edges it for me.

rofl @ the alan partridge option :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Rufus T Firefly

Jah-hee-zus!!!! No White Album? Not only is the White Album the one with the greatest variety and ambition, it also bears repeated listening better than any album I can think of. It's not just my favourite Beatle album, it's my favourite album of all time.

Blues, folk, Indian influences, pop - they're all in there in a wonderfully listenable eclectic mix. This is the album that re-defined popular music. If there's any justice in this world 'other' should be a runaway winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Sorry Lads, it probably had something to do with the cover but I drew a total blank on it and even as I made the poll I was thinking 'Damn, I know I'm leaving one of the important ones out here!' For the sake of arguement we can take 'other' as meaning 'white'. .... OR if the mods are reading this could they change HELP to White , cos I doubt anyone's gonna vote for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

aye i voted for revolver earlier as the white album wasn't listed :)
    still its the best of the above mentioned imo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Revolver without a doubt is the best Beatles album....

Even though, ever so slowly I'm being won over to the Stones....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Revolver's certainly the best on that list, but yeah the White Album is actually more enjoyable. Best album with Beatle involvement, though, has got to be All Things Must Pass by Georgie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by deco
    Revolver without a doubt is the best Beatles album....

Even though, ever so slowly I'm being won over to the Stones....

good god man are u me?

Sorta got out of the beatles and more into Lennons stuff as well as Harrison but for some reason Macca still comes across as a smary cúnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 celbridge_star

On the Alan Partridge line.....

Wings....only the band the Beatles could have become.....

U2- Sunday Bloody Sunday, just sums up what you feel on a Sunday...Sunday, Bloody Sunday!

Class.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Rubber Soul (oops, I'm the only one)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bazH

good god man are u me?

Sorta got out of the beatles and more into Lennons stuff as well as Harrison but for some reason Macca still comes across as a smary cúnt.

everyone swings towards either one, or all of three albums.. Plastic Ono Band, Imagine and All Things Must Pass... easily the best individual albums.. and imo each better than any of the above mentioned albums (bar the white album), mainly cos they're so much more deeper with more matured individual styles and emotions.

I always reckoned that the album after Abbey Road would have been a real killer melting pot of an album, shame they split though but was inevitable.

Lennon got mad into having echo on his voice, Imagine is a great album though, the Phil Spector wall of sound comes through quite well also

did phil spector work on imagine as well?
    i just thought it was all things must pass... hmm getting confused.. goes off to check...

yeah he defo worked on it, i have the "Gimme Some Truth - Making of Imagine" DVD and the sqeaky spector was doing backing vocals for "Oh Yoko" as well as producing the album in Lennons house.

ahh right ye are.. either way his producing/engineering made some damn fine albums.. :)

yeah i`ll bring in a screenie or two of phil and john tomorrow just for nostalgia.

BTW White Album was the best, then Revolver but everyone has there own favs.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Revolver is kicking ass so far! My favorite too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Revolver, its the least irritating.

Advertisement