Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Episode 3 satisfactorily tie the Star Wars saga together?

• 25-07-2002 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Will Episode 3 satisfactorily tie the Star Wars saga together?

Will Episode 3 satisfactorily tie the Star Wars saga together 9 votes

Yes, it'll tie the two trilogies together and make sense out of Phantom Menace to boot!
    0% 0 votes
    Are you kidding? Lucas can't write his way out of this one!
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

need more options i think, like the possibility of Lucas' greed getting teh better of him and going for a third trilogy, but i dont think it will tie up the two trilogies nicely, might finish up the prequels nicely though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Hopefully he will not so a load of ****e directing and **** up the whole thing. Its gonna be a hard choice and hopefully he will not distroy it and make everyone confuggled.

"If he does distroy it i predict wide spread riots in LA with 25 Police killed and another 10 Star Wars fans murdered. Also the whole lucas Arts and Lucas Digital Companys will come crashing down as armed fans with plastic lightsabers sturm .the building and.."

Ill shut up now.. you will se what happens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Mostly doubt it.

I think he'll have to get jiggy with the proginal trilogy, add bits and re-release them again to get himself out of the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

There's your answer- not a chance in hell. It might well tie this puny trilogy together, but I'm not optimistic about it being relevant to the next one. Anakin tried to do the Angry James Dean expression, and ended up with a sort of roly poly watery expression. Lucas wrote a much better plot this time, but some of the lines were bloody awful. The one Chris Lee delivers to Yoda regarding skill with a lightsaber has to go down as one of the all-time howlers. Not to mention the love scene dialogue by the water. "Everything's smooth..." sigh! Although I'll admit the end scene leaves a nice ironic question unanswered. Still, I think it's too far gone unless Lucas hands over the reins to someone else, a director smart enough to be critical of the script and actually GET A DAMN PEFORMANCE out of his actors. They're all talented...but only a few show it in the film. Pleaaase George...hire a director who can direct, like you did for Empire/ROTJ. Just make sure he HATES little fuzzy bears and Rastafarian CGI aliens with floppy ears...and you're ok. Apologies to all practising Rastafarians on the planet- but I'm sure Bob would understand :P

Occy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

I have faith in George Lucas as a director. i sincerley hope we see a yet to be completed Death Star I. Or the millenium Falcon. Maybe even a young Chewbacha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

i think the last film will be much darker than the first two episodes and closer in look and feel to the second trilogy the ships will be a lot more battered looking than in episode one to signify the decay of the old republic and the ascendency of the dark side.

i think the film will close with darth pulling on his helmet as the camea pans out throuh a porthole/obs window on the death star as tie fighters swoop past a vast amada of star destroyers to give the empire its historical resonance and sense of scale.

personally i hope the whole han/chewie story arc is totally ignored as i dont feel it is necessary to tie up every story thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Lucas lost much of his writing skills after the Empire Strikes Movie ( Which I think is the best Star Wars film.)

Hansolo was quickly rescued from his encasement in Carboniate.
    and the Rebels were rescued by Ewoks.

Lucas made many sad mistaked in Episode6.

The only to fix this was through the "Shadows of the Empire" Saga.

but
    Lucas cannot fix this new mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Are you mental :)

Originally posted by BJJ
    Lucas lost much of his writing skills after the Empire Strikes Movie ( Which I think is the best Star Wars film.)

From another thread
    Originally posted by BJJ
    No way Phantom Menace is the greatest one, it is the first and best, pod race, datrh maul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

bjj said:
    No way Phantom Menace is the greatest one, it is the first and best, pod race, datrh maul

ok now, are you currently being made to say these things
    Are you bloody insane, the only good thing about episode 1 was Maul, and his saber/staff weapon, otherwise it sucked hairy balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

"its a rollercoaster rid of fun"

/me receives payment from sony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

more than likely he wont, but even though he ruled out doing a turd (hehehe) trilogy because he would be too old by the time he gets around to finishing it, why cant he just do one more film (7th)which would be a lot less time consuming and less chance of fLlcking up its cult status rather than doing a turd trilogy.

Advertisement