Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour, Screen Area Settings

Options
  • 25-07-2002 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I need to know how to set these higher.

I have formated a friend system now the windows has installed Generic drivers for the video card and screen. now i can't set the colours past 16.

The system is packard bell and it has a built in video card etc. I am trying to find drivers for the card, I am seraching on the 'Master CD' I have to tried all the drivers i can find on it to no avail. Each time a new one is installed that allows you to select higher than 16 it restarts and is back to 16 colours.

I have left the screen as 'Plug and Play' Could leaving this as 'Plug and Play' while updating the Video card cause this?

Any other Ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Did you try Windows Update Kappar? If it's a fresh install, it might pick up the card and send you a better driver.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

What model number is it?
    Also when the system first starts for a split second you should see the Video card BIOS at the top of the screen, what does it say?

Advertisement