Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Question.

Options
  • 26-07-2002 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm getting a new hard drive today, and I have to figure out a migration strategy to move all my old stuff to my new drive. I'm getting a new 80gb. I had an 80 plus a 30, and I'm taking out the 30 to make room for the new drive.

My boot partition is a 10gb partition on the 30gb. I have a ghost of that partition saved onto the other drive (basic OS, drivers etc. preinstalled).

My question is this....

Can I restore my 10gb ghost partition straight onto the 80gb drive? Or do I need to create a 10gb partition on the new drive to match my old C drive?

Rgds,
    Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Once the new drive has an existing partition big enough to hold the data it'll be fine, excess doesn't matter (ie. Ghost isn't going to re-write your partition table).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

once you have ghosted the machine,you'll have to set your 30gb drive to master on the primary IDE channel(or where your 10Gb is now) to boot off the 30 GB

Advertisement