Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7210

Options
  • 26-07-2002 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

When is this coming out? Nokia are teasing me!! Someone musst know, thanks. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Its should be out in mid september, on both voda and O2, it looks fairly savage, but i think it might be over shadowed by the 6610, the 7210 has xpress-on covers where the 6610 has a kind steel cover, both very nice though, also nokia have just released that the 7650 bluetooth chip wont work with bluetooth headsets and car kits, just data (ie nokia card etc), i think its because yo ucan use bluetooth things cross-brand, so a motorola headset will work with a nokia phone, and they dont like that!!!!
    rabbitinlights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

the way i figure it, teh nokia 7210 kinda falls between two stool. That of an affordable consumer phone and that of a fuly functional business phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

affordable? do you mean bill gates kinda affordable!!
    im guessing around the 400Yoyo mark on contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I just had a revelation, its pointless to get these new mms capable phones for another year because most people wont have the capability and its the first generation of phones anyway....

Off to look for an older model...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    the way i figure it, teh nokia 7210 kinda falls between two stool. That of an affordable consumer phone and that of a fuly functional business phone.

I can't see the 7210 being cheap to being with, tho i depends - if they begin with their target audience of business people as they did before you would be looking at 250 - 400 on contract, with an eventual drop to allow the masses in. But due to their promotion on their site i'd say it might be aimed at a different grade namely working middle class women probaly so bouts 150 - 200 on contract.Though at the end of the day it will depend alot on who O2 and Vodafone want to sell it to - subsidising and such.....nokia won't be up for letting it go cheap anyway........need profits with global economic slow down....huge sales no good if they are too cheap to show something in the books these days. Mobile penatration is so high in europe the odds of getting a huge ammount of units to sell at a low price so profit is possible is very low.Therefore don't expect it affordable to the average student who isn't working, tho its a girls fone anyway(by their site) so that would exclude me anyway :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement