Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lotr Dvd

• 26-07-2002 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Ok so everyone knows its out on the 6th of august, but when i went in yesterday to reserve my copy, they asked me did i want the Limited edition 4 disc set or the normal one.

My question is what the hell is on 4 dvds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

More special features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The 4 Disk is out in November. It has the extended Directors Cut with an additional half an hour of footage and is split over 2 disks. The other 2 disks contain extras. You also get 2 nifty bookends.

I'm waiting for the 4 disk edition.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

here is the full list of extras from amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

mine is posted from PLay :)
    gonna sell it when the 4 disc comes out ....

me just cant wait ...

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Are you sure the extended version of the film is going to be over 2 discs? That would totaly suck and there is no reasion I can see for this or any move to go over 2 disc's.

Longer movies than LotR are able to fit on 1 disc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Originally posted by Venom
    Are you sure the extended version of the film is going to be over 2 discs? That would totaly suck and there is no reasion I can see for this or any move to go over 2 disc's.

Longer movies than LotR are able to fit on 1 disc.

Well with a runtime of 208 minutes and a DTS EX 6.1 & DD5.1 Soundtrack I think you will find that is why its on 2 disks. And yes if you look at Lawernce of Arabia you will find it is over 2 disks as well.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by gandalf

Well with a runtime of 208 minutes and a DTS EX 6.1 & DD5.1 Soundtrack I think you will find that is why its on 2 disks. And yes if you look at Lawernce of Arabia you will find it is over 2 disks as well.

Gandalf.

Ditto Godfather 2 (192 minutes). Lawrence is a whopping 218 minutes (when we watched it at home we had to have a food break)

What irks me is some of the discs released by Warner in particular, where the movie length is reasonably normal but they didn't bother using dual-layer so the movie spreads over two sides of the disc. Examples: Michael Collins, Amadeus (granted - a long movie but so is the 3hour conema re-release), Goodfellas. No more Warner discs for me until they stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me hugs his DivX

Advertisement