Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Vs. Superman

Options
  • 26-07-2002 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Got this from today's news at IMDB :

Hunky British actor Jude Law is the new Superman - after beating off competition from Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell. The Talented Mr Ripley actor has been chosen by producers for the high-profile role in new movie Batman Vs. Superman - because he doesn't fit-in to the normal superhero stereotype. A source on the People news website reports, "They wanted to get away from the mega-muscled action stars." People News also claim that Farrell has bagged the part of Batman, despite reports that British star Christian Bale has signed up for the role. The film will be directed by Wolfgang Petersen, the man behind Air Force One, The Perfect Storm and the cult German submarine drama Das Boot.

Now, I dunno how accurate the casting news is, but even still - Batman Vs Superman as a movie? THat could be way cool, or waaaaaay dodgy.

Much n all tho I like him as an actor, I'm glad Depp wasnt cast.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Batman V Superman has all the potential to be great, well i suppose all movies do but thats another discussion.

that same info was also in the most holy and trust worthy papers in this country today, The Star :eek:

i'm not too sure about colin farrell as batman, cant see him being able to carry such a dark and moody character. maybe i will be proved wrong and he could end up as a great batman. in my opinion no actor has yet been able to fill the shoes of michael keaton.

jude law as superman :( i think christian bale would be a better choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Batman Vs Spiderman

Blade Vs The Flash

JeanGrey Vs Wonderwoman

and

Superman Vs Hulk

Would have been much better films

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Rabies
    Batman V Superman has all the potential to be great, well i suppose all movies do but thats another discussion.

jude law as superman :( i think christian bale would be a better choice.

I remember someone lending me a comic book of Old Superman v Old Batman a while back. I can't remember the exact title but it was a great read and very violent so this film definetly has potential.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about casting Jude Law. He's a great actor IMHO and will pull off the part with great aplomb. After all nobody in their right mind could have invisioned Michael Keaton doing Batman so anything is possible.

More worrying is that I heard rumours of Matt Damon being penciled in for one of the two roles. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by Pigman

I remember someone lending me a comic book of Old Superman v Old Batman a while back. I can't remember the exact title but it was a great read and very violent so this film definetly has potential.

That was probably The Dark Knight Returns, which is the Batman flick they should be making. I dont like the idea personally, sounds like a merchandise machine event rather than a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yeah they should of made The Dark Knight Returns, a comic that changed the way people considered comics as something children would read.
    For Batman Vs Superman to be good they will have to make Batman really dark and make Superman represent good in the world but I don't see that happening.
    Also for a shocker they should make Batman win so that the public stop thinking Supes is invincible. Batman has a freakin' Kryptonite ring, he's no push-over :)

As for them not making The Dark Knight Returns they are making Batman: Year One which is very good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

/me checks date of thread

Wow! how did I miss this, oh yeah, I wasnt on much since last summer.

Anyway, is there any new news about this?

I dont like the idea of colin farrel playing batman after he played bullseye in daredevil, too much of a chance of him getting stereotyped into the comic book movie genre, and he's too good IMO to get stereotyped.

I think Jude Law would be a good choice he's a great actor and could pull it off with ease.

Anyway I'll shut up now, because theres probably been further developments since and I've probably already made an ass of myself (aside from already having dragged up an old post that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

I can see Jude Law as Superman, not too sure about Farrel though. IMO this could be as good as even the first Batman movie... or it could be an enormous bag of ****e. Mostly depends on who's handling the project.

Abandon all hope of a half decent piece of entertainment if the people behind this are the same people behind the soon-to-drop-out-of-a-pig's-ass Hellblazer movie. John Constantine as a yank? Keanu Reeves as John Constantine? Car chases? Kill me now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I reckon those actors would be class, colin farrell is Irish and thats enough for me. Saw him on oscar "ag caint as gaeilge" :) fair play!

Jude law could fit any role, but maybe just a tad weenie for the role!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

As stated here, the Batman vs Superman film is on hold. WB are more interested in what will make the better franchise (ie. separate Bman Sman films) than the better film.

A new Superman only film is on the fast track to production with some crazy script which apparently rewrites super history. Lots of rumors as to who stars... last I heard it was Josh Heartnit.

There’s a good few Batman projects floating about (Batman 5; …Year One; …Of The Future), don't think they've settled on any one though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

k here I go again defending Mr Colin Farrell...check the film boards it seems to have become a hobbie of mine on here......anywho....I think he'll make a great Batman although I have to say I was hoping hed get the role in Batman:year 1 as opposed to this!

I agree that Christian Bale would have made a better superman! Ive a new found respect for him after his gunkata antics in Equilibrium!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Wonder who'll win, hope its Batman.

Advertisement