Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cole and Yorke re-united at Blackburn. Can they do the business?

• 26-07-2002 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭

Well Souness finally got his man.

For 2 million up front, more based on appearances!
    United payed 12 million for him just a few years ago.

So will the 2 re-form a deadly partnership, that was for 1 season, the best in the Premiership, or are they over the hill?

Will Yourke and Cole once again terrorise defenses, or are they over the hill? 8 votes

Yes, they will be deadly!
    0% 0 votes
    Nah, there just too old!
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Case History : Just because Aston Villa bought players like Ray Houghton and Steve Staunton back in the early 90's it didn't make them the equivilant of Liverpools last championship winning team.

To answer your question I would probably have to say ... no. The pair will probably get about 20 goals between them and leave Blackburn somewhere above the halfway line next May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Those two guys are past thier sell by date. Cole was never that good in the first place and Yorke is more interested in booze and hookers than football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think and hope they do well. It's never nice to see players eased out like they were at United, and I think the understanding they have will mean they will do well.......for Blackburn. I doubt if they'll hit the sort of form that would make United want them back, but I'd bet they'd get goals consistently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

It depends on how many big boobied girlies there are in Blackburn to distract Dwighty..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Blackburn dont have a United's midfield to assist Yorke & Cole, so nahhh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Originally posted by PiE
    Blackburn dont have a United's midfield to assist Yorke & Cole, so nahhh.

True, but they do have Duff and Dunn. 2 of the biggestprospects in the game.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think that they will do reasonably well there. Although Matt Jansen is not a bad player so they might not play together as often as people are expecting. Yorke has not really played in a long time so noone really knows what his form is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I have a mate who`s cousin played for the ManU youth team, and he got to to train with the seniors the odd time and he said the Andy Cole was the most skillful player he had ever seen, in respect to ball skill and touch etc.

Hope they do well, i`d say they will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Theres a reason they are not at Man Utd anymore,united only want the best players,i'll let you figure out the rest :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 T4-DEMON

The simple anser to your question:
    no their too old

• Advertisement
Advertisement