Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Adaptor

• 26-07-2002 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Ive seen rumours that bluetooth adapters of one sort or another can be picked up for as little as €50 -> €70 anyone seen these? i dont really want to splash out €200 for a 3com ot tdk, I heard MSI do one very chesp but ive never seen it anywhere. Help please!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I was looking at a USB based bluetooth adapter which I think was about £100 sterling. An internal PCI would probably be cheaper, but you might have to pay someone to install it (unless you can diy). Take a look at the sticky in this Technology forum about cheap computer components and check out a few stores - prices change all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

If anyone was interested it's an msi 6967 ,about €55 komplett do them but are out of stock just trying to track down another decent MSI supplier that has them in. make a cheap wireless network as well if you have 2 of them, only 25m range though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Would these adapters work with a bluetooth enabled mobile phone ?

Yes they do work with bluetooth phones very well, i got two use it with a 6310i and a t68i, both work perfect, havent used irda since. Network side of thinks works pretty good too, just less than 1mbps, actually getting the 25m range as well. You can habe the phone in a bag or pocket and it will work too, even tried wandering out of the room as an experiment and it still worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

How much did your bluetooth card set you back ? I'm looking for a mad cheap one. I don't want to spend c. €200 for something that I'd only use occassionally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

If anyone was interested it's an msi 6967 ,about €55 komplett do them but are out of stock just trying to track down another decent MSI supplier that has them in. make a cheap wireless network as well if you have 2 of them, only 25m range though.

I had a read of a few websites and it looks like this bluetooth key thing is only compatible with certian msi motherboards,is this true??? or will it work with all motherboards with usb 1.0/2.0 boards?

i got mine at komplett
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=25406&t=&l=&AvdID=1&CatID=&GrpID=&s=sr

but they seem to be sold out again, www.scan.co.uk also do them, they are only about €57. They will work with any USB equipped machine, so far mine have worked on 2 sony vaoi's various compaq deskpros, a strange OEM machine, and an ageing packard bell desktop, all with no problems.

Advertisement