Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dimebag Darrell vs. Kirk Hammett

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Toly

Im suprised kirk got a good bit of them votes,i enjoy watching kirk play and think hes great at what he does.On the other hand Dime was a god,truely amazing to watch and inspired alot of young players.I think Dime was great at playing guitar and being himself im sure use have read some interviews with Vinnie describing how fun he was to be around and helping ppl out.Dimebag all the way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yeah has anyone seen the Pantera videos or DVDs they are brilliant and not just the songs but the clips of them off stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Haven't a patch on Gene Simmons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Vegeta wrote:
    Yeah has anyone seen the Pantera videos or DVDs they are brilliant and not just the songs but the clips of them off stage

Yeah i've seen them off stage. Crazy b***ards they are :D
    Like Dime running around with fireworks on his shoes

Very entertaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I guess they're just two very different people playing two very different types of Metal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 truncated spurs

i think dime was a lot more innovative than kirk. i dunno kirks stuff started to get really repetitive after playing through a few tab books but i think dime didnt have as many striking solos (but damn were they good) in the later years, try comparing the cowboys from hell album to his later stuff. ima still gonna have to vote for dime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

Its definetely Kirk but the only way he's going to win this poll is by dying

Mist wrote:

ARe you suggesting some people only picked Dime because he's dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dr.Poca wrote:
    ARe you suggesting some people only picked Dime because he's dead?

Well seeing that some turnip dragged this thread up from 3 years ago, which was before Dimebag bit it, Kirk Hammett was winning the poll by an absolute mile. Now that Dimebag is dead, and this thread was dragged up, it seems that Dime is winning. One could argue that there wasn't the same number of posters that there was 3 years ago, but the evidence is there to suggest that he is being picked at least partially because he's now dead.

True, but thats only some

Edit: Its getting close again anyway. Kirk might go ahead again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Mist wrote:
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

hahahahahahahahahaha... the very thought that Kirk could be better than Dimebag is hilarious to me, ok so they're both legends but imo Kirk isnt a scatch on Dimebag...(oh and to fools who mite think that my opinion is based on the fact that one of the two is dead, grow up)

Switchead wrote:
    (oh and to fools who mite think that my opinion is based on the fact that one of the two is dead, grow up)

Well, that has me convinced! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Father Jack

Dimebag without a doubt, Kirk's ok but he's UNBELIEVABLY repetitive in his lead work, not to mention the fact that he doesn't really have much material to his name, most of metallicas stuffs written by James and also, look at how he made his name in the first place...playin Dave Mustaines material...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

Well, that has me convinced! :rolleyes:

mature comment to my statement man...:eek:

Switchead wrote:
    mature comment to my statement man...:eek:

Er... Right you are so. :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MsMolko

Dimebag all the way. His all round playing is amazing. Kirk's a bit waah waahh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I agree that since Dime was killed I have listened to more of his material but he didn't just inherit godly guitar powers when he died and record from the grave (which would be cool) He is a better guitarist its as simple as that. I saw a video of him playing guitar yesterday when he was 18, oh my sweet good lord jesus, it was amazin like a 3 minute blaze solo :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 D'arkness

Dimebag was a ****ing junkie.
    Hammett is a money grabbing sell out.

Two gob****es:

Proper guitarists:
    Rory Gallagher
    Angus Young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Father Jack

hahahaha, interesting OPINION...

however, i don't think that its fair to insult them both, the issue is their guitar ability, and who's better...

besides, Angus Young is tripe, undoubtedly the weakest of the guitarists mentioned here...

Rory's pretty class tho:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

D'arkness wrote:
    Where did you get that idea from?!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Obvious from the name "D'arkness" the guy is some sort of deaf mute.

Obvious from the name "D'arkness" the guy is some sort of deaf mute.

Leave it. Just ignore him, he's obviously trying to get a rise out of you, and it can only end badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pedro_el_killio

Originally Posted by D'arkness

yes please do tell where u got that information from,

Darrell is and will possibly be the best guitar player that ever lived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

O my god, dimebag a junkie your lack of knowledge on dimebag makes me laugh.He wasnt a junkie although he was keen on favious whickeys and other alcoholic beverages, but still to call him a jukie is just retarded.

Now on to the point where you call rory gallagher and angus young "proper guitarists" True rory gallagher is class and angus young is good but neither one of them can top dimebag no way in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

Kirk is a fantastic guitarist but has the personality of a plank.
    Dimebag was a far better rock star and not far behind in the guitar steaks either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Patricide wrote:
    O my god, dimebag a junkie your lack of knowledge on dimebag makes me laugh.He wasnt a junkie although he was keen on favious whickeys and other alcoholic beverages, but still to call him a jukie is just retarded.

Arguining with a flamer/troller who was already dealth with, and whos post is a month old...now that screams of retardation.

Munky makes a great point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Arguining with a flamer/troller who was already dealth with, and whos post is a month old...now that screams of retardation
    Enough with the ****ing insults. 2 week ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

this has turned into a war of the respective fan basses!

I like it!!!:D

might as well call it a tie if it keeps going like this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I voted Dimebag.

Now I'm a fupping Hugh Metallica fan ( have missed 1 gig in dublin in 13 years) and Kirk is a great player, however i've always found Dimebag to be that bit edgier , forget who was saying it ( i'm too lazy to quote ;P ) , but about hetfield backing up Kirk and dimeback just going at it balls to the wall is a very good point , something i hadn't really though of =).

Saying that i've more Metallica Albums than any other band ;P

edit : sorry had to edit , but what i wouldn't give to be sitting near where Dimebag and Cliff Burton are by now making such a racket that god/devil has ****ed them out =)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement