Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Grohl or Courtney Love?

• 26-07-2002 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Who`s side are YOU on in the upcoming trial for the rights to the nirvana royalties?

Who side are you on in rock n roll`s biggest legal battle 47 votes

Dave Grohl
    0% 0 votes
    Courtney Love
    100% 47 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

david grohl , without a doubt , a brilliant drummer i must say .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

go grohl!

i mean courtney only wants it for the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Dave Grohl all the way. Courtney Love doesn't deserve any of it

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Would have to say Grohl. Love is a cow and don't deserve it though maybe some dosh to go to trustfund for Kurt's daugher (IIRC Frances Bean).

I believe that the diaries of Kurt are to be published. Interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i`d love to get my hands on the diaries of kurt ,hope they go on sale soon........................a great artist and a great man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

dave grohl (and why hasn't anyone mentioned krist novoselic yet ? he was in the band longer than grohl and wrote more songs)

as to why love deserves none of the money from the music, well she didnt write any of it, she had no input into the band, and besides all the songs are copyright nirvana (nirvana being more than just kurt cobain)

really i dont give a **** who gets it in the end PROVIDED they release the new songs (cant wait to hear 'you know ur right' - have the live version and the leaked studio clips and sounds great)

the dairies sound good, hopefully get to read those as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by daveirl
    why doesn't she deserve it.

As Kurts wife she is entitled to his share of the royalties

exactly, she's entitled to HIS share of the royalties, not his, dave grohl's, and krist novoselic's, which is what she's after, afaik. she's preventing the release of tons of unreleased rare tracks, which is unfair on nirvana's fans, and the rest of the former band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

My view <and i know i'm gonna get put down for this>:

Grohl has become a right pussy and there are far better drummers.
    Love is a bitch. In the bad way.

So... why doesn't someone come into the courtroom, waste them both and then all the stuff gets left to other guy and kurts daughter? It works. Plus I don't have to see Mr. "MTV TOKEN ROCK" or MRS. "I'M A STUPID WHORE" or hear anything about them anymore.

I'm in a bad mood. Forgive me if i offend your pathetic sense of ideals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

his share was 75% anyway. Are you sure she's actually after Dave and Kirst's share's too? I don't know myself

Actually Daveirl Kurt Cobain had always split the royalties three ways therefore his desire would have been to entitle Grohl and Novoserick to their OWN share long after his death. I cant believe Courtney`s arrogance in trying to take away their royalties from them. The Relationship between Kurt and Courtney was always far from perfect. Had she of put as much effort into the marriage with Kurt as she did with trying to confiscate the royalties of the latter of Nirvana, than maybe Kurt`s suicide would have been avoided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Originally posted by lordsippa
    My view <and i know i'm gonna get put down for this>:

Grohl has become a right pussy and there are far better drummers.

Dude you need to get your head sorted out, Grohl is amazing at the drums even Taylor(Foo's drummer) has said that when you just sit down and watch Dave you can't belive how good he is. Dave is also playing the drums on Tenacious D latest album, well worth cheaking out.
    I hope this **** between Grohl And Love settles, as for Kirst I think he is currently in a new band heard that on www.foofighters.com Kurt's diaries should be let out on sale. But Hole the band that Cournty was in was a really good band- listen to Celebrity Skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

a brilliant drummer i must say
    Dude you need to get your head sorted out, Grohl is amazing at the drums even Taylor(Foo's drummer) has said that when you just sit down and watch Dave you can't belive how good he is

i have 2 words to shatter your illusions then : flo mournier.
    he is AMAZING.so is danny carey. grohl is simply good.

but i'm with him on this one.courtney love is MESSED in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Yes, Love deserves a share of the royalities but come on, Dave and Krist where instrumental in the creative process of the band...

They played and toured together for years...they basically knew the musically direction that Kurt was planning to take....

Courtney was never part of this loop therefore how much does she really know about the Kurt's musically directions?

In my belief, Love is just trying to get Dave and Krist booted out so she can gain complete control....as well as all the royalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

his suicide had nothing to do with his other problems then... heroin addiction etc???

But was it suicide? Anyone believe the rumours that it was a set up cause Courtney found out he was gonna divorce her?

I heard that he was so full of heroin and/or cocaine that it would've been impossible for him to actually use the gun - he shoulda been unconscious..

Everyone knows he was abducted by rock and roll lovin' aliens!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I think Courtney Love could've killed Kurt Cobain. I mean, how the foik can you take 3 times the lethal dose of herion, and still manage to shoot yourself in the face with a shotgun. Also, after Cobain died, someone was still using his credit card, until his body was discovered.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jumbde

Just thought I'd say that Kurt's diary is going 2 be published on the 11th of November:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

where are you getting this 3 times lethal dose from?
    It was in the news at the time of his death. He had 1.52 mgs oer litre. To achieve this, he would've had to inject roughly 225 mgs of heroin. That would be three times the lethal dose of morphine, so it would stand to reason it would be the same if not worse for heroin. Also, the police stated that the gun had no legible fingerprints. Why wouldn't Kurt's prints be on it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I've read that he definitely had 1.52mg's per litre of blood from a lot of different sources, it's not just media hype.

From what I heard he had only a few seconds to shot himself before the herion would have taken effect and basically rendered him unconscious....

But then again what do I know?:)

btw just wondering is all but why are you so vocal in your defence of Courtney Love?

It's not like she was the paradigm for the loving and supporting wife....and even, as is likely, she didn't kill the man outright its not like her behaviour was that helpful....

If your talking about his biography 'Heavier Than Heaven' then I totally agree that it was well researched. The only thing is that it doesn't say how much he injected, only that he used half of "$100 dollars worth of Mexican black tar heroin"

Ah well, so much for him resting in peace!

• Advertisement

Advertisement