Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final 11 Senators Appointed Tonight, Oireachtas Full!

Options
  • 26-07-2002 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

The Taoiseach Bertie Ahern has announced his eleven appointees to the Seanad. Among them are former Minister for Public Enterprise Mary O'Rourke, Michael Kitt, Pat Moylan, Cyprian Brady, Brendan Kenneally, Michael Brennan and Doctor Maurice Hayes.

The above are all Fianna Fail apointments. Four apointees are Progressive Democrats.

John Minihan, Kate Walsh, John Dardis, Tom Morrissey.

John Minihan is the party chairman from Cork, Kate Walsh is an councillor in Celbridge, who ran in Kildare North for the PDs, John Dardis is an outgoing PD Senator, and Tom Morrissey is a Councillor from Dublin West.

This is how the Seanad looks.....

state_seanad_politics_ie.gif

And the Dáil.................

state_dail_politics_ie.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

does not interest me as i have no vote on the composition of the thing !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Agree with gurramok.......... this elitist and non-democratic institution is of no relevance to me since I cannot have any input into its make-up.

A rest-home for failed politicians while they wait for their next attempt at Dail re-election.

Advertisement