Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you will listen to or die.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

Kate, what course did you take? (trying to reach back into by oh so bad memory...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gunshotglitter

Ok I'm not kate from galway and I didnt have a japanesy shirt I'm from wexford and did legal studies
    :)

oh, cool! thanx. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Big Stick

Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
    Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
    U2 - With or Without You
    Mark Cohn - Walking in Memphis
    Moby - Extreme Ways
    REM - Losing my Religion
    REM - Man on the Moon
    Moby - Southside
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

and my no. 1...

David Bowie - Ground Control to Major Tom

And, interesting story about the Calling...

They were discovered playing an LA bar by Brannon Braga and Rick Berman, who used the song for their Enterprise ad campaign, which exposed Where Ever You Will Go to the US Public and was instrumental in its success...

Go Darren, go Darren, go Darren!

everyone's mentioned all of the songs I would've added already but I have 1 more to add:

A Day in the Life by the Beatles (ok, written by Lennon/McCartney if u want to get specific.) can't believe no one mentioned it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

the metallica s&m album ALL of it and some bach, concerto for 2 violins 1st movement, i like it lots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

hmmm.....'twas a risqué move, making an orchestral album with one of the most influential metal bands on the planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Pink - Just Like a Pill

New Found Glory - Something I Call Personality
    New Found Glory - Dressed to Kill

Murderdolls- Dead In Hollywood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

eels - elizabeth on the bathroom floor
    jack off jill - girlscout

• Advertisement

Sepultura- Refuse/Resist

Originally posted by pretty*monster
    eels - elizabeth on the bathroom floor
    jack off jill - girlscout

Jack Off Jill!!! Fscking rockness! JOJ are undeinably, unbeliavably, orgasmically brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Big Stick

Oh, and Red Right Hand by Nick Cave is surprisingly and disturbingly eerie - I always get a shiver down my spine hearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Originally posted by OrangeRhino

Jack Off Jill!!! Fscking rockness! JOJ are undeinably, unbeliavably, orgasmically brilliant.

Gimme a hell yeah
    Angry b!tch music is pretty much all I listen to these days

Go you and your angry music... yay! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Yes is slept in his bed, and I cant remember what the hell we talked about, probably sex, oh well.
    but yeah it was fun.

and I miss having people to talk to late into the night then to make erotic noises at!

awh, i'm in need of lovin with no one near by to give it!
    and i have to go back to school soon with all there ****y bastard ways.

AAA - Centerfold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dead End Roadie

ZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzzzz

Yer not the only one that wants somethin. I want ferrari to change their logo to a hippopotamus. But noooo. it doesn't tell people what we want to tell them about the company... bloody philistines. Why a hippo's just a horse with water in front of it's name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CTYI DJ

You all should listen to "Y.M.C.A." by the brilliant Village People !

(this is best enjoyed while trying to spell out "C.T.Y.I." with your arms.....but failing terribly)

*collaspes at the sheer difficulty*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Gimme a hell yeah

*clears throat* hell yeah

Barney 'The Dinosaur' - The 'I Love You Song'
    Barney & Bee-Bop - Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody, Everywhere

they make two year olds shut up instantaneoulsy. they have changed my life.
    not that i secretly have 139 barney videos stashed under my mattress of course.

Lazlo Bane - Superman
    Alkaline Trio - 97(the Yohann Face story), Radio, She took him to the lake, My little needle, Jaked on green Beers, Bleeder, Bloodied up, Private Eye, Southern Rock, Stupid Kid, Sun Dials, Crawl, nose over tail, Queen, Trouble breathing, exploding boy, sleepyhead, 5 3 10 4, cooking wine, tuck me in, for your lungs only, **** you aurora, snake oil tanker... well pretty much anything and everythin from the trio
    Ben Kweller (of Radish) - Lizzy, Wasted and Ready, problems, family tree, harriets got a song, speakeasy, girl inbetween, family tree, drink me away.
    the white stripes - dead leaves and the dirty ground, fell in love with a girl.
    Blink 182 - Josie, adam's song, Dammit
    Everclear - white men in black suits, volvo driving soccer mom, you make me feel like a whore, loser makes good, deep in empty out, local god, amanda, strawberry
    Bowling for soup - thespian, belgium
    the avalanches - since i left you, frontier psychiatrist
    coldplay - in my place(it's damn infectious), yellow
    the offspring - self esteem
    the presidents of the usa - stranger, lump, kitty, peaches
    the bloodhound gang - bad touch, a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is crying, fire water burn, you're pretty when i'm drunk, she ain't got no legs
    and finally............. the number one is:
    Alkaline trio - sorry about that
    frickin brilliant that one is, great live performance by our man Matt Skiba

puddle of mudd - she hates me
    the dudes who sing it - girl all the rock (or is it bad?) guys want
    coldplay's entire erm...two albums

the dudes who sing it - girl all the rock (or is it bad?) guys want
    That's Bowling for Soup - Girl All the Bad Guys Want... BFS are playing at the Templebar Music Centre on October 28th, tickets are €15 available from any TicketMaster outlet. Be there. And their new album Drunk Enough to Dance is out now for around €20. Oh, Jesse James are playing support... Jesse James rock! Their EP, "Shoes", is available at HMV for only €12.99... no, I don't work for either band but they rock.

Oh, and Eimhin's list... ****ing rocks! The Trio kick enormous amounts of ass. Enormous I say!

Listen to these aswell...

Something Corporate - Punk Rock Princess
    Reel Big Fish - Dateless Losers
    Reel Big Fish - Rock 'N' Roll is Bitchin'
    Jimmy Eat World - Rockstar
    Harry - So Real
    Pink - 18 Wheeler
    Jesse James - Shoes
    Jesse James - Black Sheep Generator
    The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
    Green Day - Nice Guys Finish Last
    Idlewild - Tell Me Ten Words
    Bowling for Soup - Out the Window
    Bowling for Soup - On and On (About You)
    Bowling for Soup - Emily
    Bowling for Soup - Life After Lisa
    Bowling for Soup - The Last Rock Show
    Bowling for Soup - Self-Centered
    Tenacious D - Explosivo
    Lit - Lipstick and Bruises
    Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
    Everclear - Rockstar
    Alkaline Trio - Hell Yes!

new found glory- my friends over you
    the goo goo dolls- slide, iris, here is gone, big machine, what a scene, sympathy, when you're gone...oh, crap, they've taken over my mind....i had like 15 others to say.....dammit. excuse the mental block please.

thanks bob, see i had the name in my head, and then. well. it went. and didn't come back.
    but thanks. excuse my ignorance. etc:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Sensible Software - Cannon Fodder Theme <you needed an amiga to get this one>
    QUOTE]

Righty-dokey, I know it's a fair few posts back, but... oh, yes...

*goes digs out his Amiga with the wonky mouse*

WAR! Never been so much fun...

I hear they had this banned in Germany. Tch, they should bloody make up their minds over there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

bach - toccata and fugue in d minor (creepy organ music)
    beethoven - moonlight sonata
    COF - death magick for adepts
    COF - everything else on midian
    COF - dusk and her embrace
    COF - a gothic romance (red roses for a devil's whore)
    black sabbath - black sabbath
    black sabbath - lord of this world
    pixies - debaser
    pixies - where is my mind
    metallica - master of puppets
    Led Zepplin (we're not worthy) - stairway to heaven
    Led Zepplin - ramble on
    all spinal tap soundtrack (especially stonehenge :) )
    tool - aenema
    smashing pumpkins - galapagos
    smashing pumpkins - bullet with butterfly wings
    duelling banjoes

and many more

Something Corporate - Punk Rock Princess

You can be my punk rock princess,
    I'll be your garage band king.

• Advertisement

yeah Bob yerright there, but what a fool I am for overlookin those kookie jimmy eat world guys, bleed american rocks, as does the rest of the tracks on the album of the same name. the singles is good too, but bleed ameican is slightly ahead of what with the shrotness of the singles bein taken into acount

Advertisement