Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE on Sky in the North

• 27-07-2002 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Any news yet on when RTE plan to broadcast to Sky subscribers in the North?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Element 4

it is my understand that they have no immediate plans to do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 J Mc

I was under the impression that RTE wanted to cover the north from day one on digital sat, but this has been withheld due to obtaining rights on Dsat for the six counties. RTE did mention on launch day that they hoped to have the service accessable to the northern viewers asap. Backchat on SKY also mentioned that RTE/TV3 & TG4 are currently involved in talks regarding providing their service on Dsat to NI viewers.

All this seems a little strange to me as in Portadown we have a much better RTE/TV3 analogue signal than either BBC/UTV/CH4/CH5. Just gets quite annoying having to switch between Analogue and Digital!! Anyway hopfully RTE/TV3/TG4 will be on Sat here soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

From what I've heard don't expect anything until at least Easter next year. RTE would love to be available to Northern Irish viewers on $$$ky but they have rights issues to contend with.

If someone gets a sniff of it, you'll hear it very quickly either here on on the Digital Spy forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 seca2

according to Hot tip from NI it should be this month.
    We just have to wait and see.It will be sooner than later if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

(committing to memory in case this is just another hoax.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

As I said in another thread, if RTE are available on Sky NI this month, maybe we'll get C4 and UTV which would be just in time for the September price hike.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Element 4

Lads,

there is more chance of Ian Paisley joining the North Kerry Sinn Fien Party than this happening.

Sky's treatment of the southern irish viewers is pathetic and that is second only to UTV and CH4

E4 (VPO
    Very pissed off !!!!!)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Element 4
    Lads,

there is more chance of Ian Paisley joining the North Kerry Sinn Fien Party than this happening.

You never know.... :rolleyes: ROFL.

As for E4, that wasn't Sky's fault, but C4's. I hope we've interactive next year as by then interactive services using phoneline will be working.

Advertisement