Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New board "Musicians Wanted/Available"

• 27-07-2002 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this came up before, but there's a lot of people looking for people and such for bands, and a lot of threads everywhere. Would it be possible to get a seperate board in the music section for "Musicians Wanted/Available"?

Ok, please, thanks, bye.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

yeah yeah and lets have a board for people who cant find one of their wolly socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm sure if there was an abundance of threads looking for 'Wolly Socks' it might be viable. But seeing as all those threads are started by bubbles, I say we just get him a new pair, and forget about a board.

On the other hands, there's a large number of threads on each music board asking for other musicians. So I think it's a good idea.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This is too narrow a definition for a board but it has merit. Something like "Bands and Gear" might be better.
    ie: not just for looking for other members but hiring gear, vans, reviews of gigging areas, sound studios, record labels, places to play etc.

I'll talk to the admins about it but boards has at least two bands spawn recently and I'm sure there must be others hanging around.

DeV

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"Band Issues" might be a better name.

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    "Band Issues" might be a better name.

DeV.

Or possibly "Bands/Musicians" or "Band/Musician Issues"?

You see, there's quite a bit of threads looking for musicians that don't really belong, but there's nowhere else to put them. But at least have a name to let people know that it's the board where you can ask for other people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Sounds good to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I totally agree with this idea. The intruments, Rock/metal and Music/Radio board are constantly getting spammed with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

me too [agree]:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭fuse

Id love to see one aswell.
    It would be great to have one, we could do with an official one in Ireland that everybody knows about.
    A meeting place for lonely musicians :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Let me know if you need a mod for it, thats right down my alley,
    i promoted gigs, played gigs, used every damn studio in dublin, i know a few promoters, i know plenty of sound engineers, (i am one) a few lighting guys, van rental etc. so if theres a question asked i should know the answer.

anyway , let me kow

:)
    bomb

• Advertisement

its created.

DeV.

Now only who is to mod this board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Now only who is to mod this board?

you should angelwhore, it was your idea.

we'll see. I wont decide for a few weeks, I'll keep an eye on it myself.

DeV.

it doesnt work like that. And in fact its becoming bad luck to suggest a board as its pretty rare we give moderatorship to the suggester lately unless they are clearly the best pick.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Pick me, pick me. So I can ban him in the name of Irony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Err, not the people that ask for it anyway.

:P

Wise words Koneko, I endorse you for modship, you know it mocks sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yay, I know nothing of instruments or musicians, but I gladly accept, and promise to ruin the board for ye all.

DOWN BOY!
    *WHIP*
    You're in trouble at boards beer. I hear I'm good at throwing drinks at people.

• Advertisement

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion I'll be in trouble at boards beer, but tell me more about this whip of yours.

Advertisement