Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1: 6x06 - Abyss (Spoilers)

• 27-07-2002 7:02pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Warning, lots of spoilers for Season 6 episode 'Abyss' ahead.

Watched it yesterday, was wondering what others thought about this episode?

For those who haven't seen it and for some reason want to know what its about, it basically features the return of Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson for one episode as he tries to help O'Neill ascend to save him from torture by the System Lord Baal.

I thought it was an alright episode, of the first 6 that i've seen i'd place it around 4th best. It's been hyped up a lot particularily by the rabid Daniel Jacksons fans and i think i was expecting more. TBH seeing DJ again in SG1 didn't really have much of an impact on me, his replacement Jonas is a great character and i don't think SG1 is any worse without him.

Aside from the DJ stuff i thought Baal was an excellent baddie and the tension with the Tok'ra was interesting. Moves the sg1 storyline along nicely, should allow some interesting character interaction in the following episodes. Looking forward to seeing more of Yu and Baal aswell.

Advertisement