Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minority Report

Options
  • 28-07-2002 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Since we're all film critics here, what did everybody think of Minority Rport? I think it's cool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Agreed. Minority Report was really good. Love the gadgets.
    And I got in for nothing....my friend works in the cinema tis great! She committed heresy the other day tho..insulting Wayne's World, Austin Powers etc. <cue my shocked and/or appalled face>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

3 things i liked about it:

1) The gadjets (aswell)

2) the plot, very interesting and complex, wont comment on specific parts tho coz SOMEONE MAY HAVE NOT SEEN IT, I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT THAT, DONT WANT MY POST TO GET EDITED BY ANYONE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!! :p

ahem,

3) I got in, i was in malta, where it was 16's, and I GOT IN, I just became 14, muahahaha, and 2 days ago i got in to Austin Powers (which was kule), which was 15's, muahahahahaha.

Bet ur all soooo glad im comin back next year:p ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I haven't seen it yet, but Dermo says it was pretty damn good. I'm guessing it's worth a look since it was even able to get three CTYI'ers to agree on something ... thar be quite a feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Film overall was brilliant, but the ending sucked. just normal hollywood, and for such a brilliant movie, was sub-par.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

This is my own "Minority Report" (ha! ha) Although I thought it was OK, I didn't think it was anything special-certainly not Spielberg's best!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Christine

Saw it twice. Was good the first time, but once you've heard all the plot twists, that's it. The cinematography was good, though - all those washed-out colours - and the bit with the eyeballs. In fact, all the bits with the eyeballs. I think it could have been handled better by another director. Spielberg seems to trade in sentimental schmaltz. Good, but not the greatest film ever or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Brilliant!

:)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by foobar
    Film overall was brilliant, but the ending sucked.
    Hmmm... you think? There are two schools of thought on that one - classic film noir, or simply Spielberg again showing that he cant wrap up a complex plot in less than an hour? I think it was a bit of both, but the film was defnitely excellent.

Christine - I dont know why youd want to go see it twice, though. Im a big fan of seeing movies multiple times (i saw LOTR 5 times in the cinema), but Minority Report is one of those movies that all the good is in the suspense and the twist-turny plot. In fact, i was going to see a movie the other day in the Savoy, and it was between Minority Report (for the second time, on Screen 1) or Spider-Man (for the 4th time, on a tiny ickle screen) and I opted for Spider-Man again. I could also have chosen Scooby-Doo, but Empire (the only magazine to which I subscribe) advised against it. In very strong terms.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

I felt that Minority Report was a good movie in itself, but the plot left a few questions unanswered and a few questions to be asked. Not that I'm going to bother remembering what they are, but I did feel that it was an incomplete movie in that way.

In that respect, I agree that the ending more or less sucked, and I agree even more with the Adams point about Spielberg not being able to wrap up a complex plot in less than an hour.

Other than that, it was a good story, if not excellent, with good cinematography and fx. Not bad on the whole.

M...

Advertisement