Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Goog 'Ol days of Play.Com are over for now

• 28-07-2002 12:39pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sitting listening to the Last Word most evenings you'd be forgiven for thinking the US was right beside us all the financial news talked about was the weakening of the dollar. Barely a word was spoken about the consistent fall of the Euro against the sterling.
    My point being that it's more or less cheaper now to buy here than even play.com with free delivery. I'm sure there is still value to be got but it will require the Irish Times' currency calculator open on a seperate page. I ordered The Royal Tenebaums from play only to realise that it's cheaper on cd wow so I have to be more vigilant now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

True, but play does have some dvds that you can't get in other places. Thats the only reason I'd get stuff from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

*Breathes a sigh of relief*

When I read the topic name I thought the worst, that they'd gone bust or something, but thankfully that is not the case, because I had a look the other night and there's about 5 things I want to order when I get paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Yeah, cdwow.ie is giving better value for money at the moment. play have a better selection of cds/dvds though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

cd-wow is just region 1 though isnt it??
    ill still be sticking with play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

DVD's cost more or less the same allright, but other stuff like games and (some) CD's end up around €5 or €10 cheaper.

Which is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

take a look at:

http://finance.yahoo.com/m5?a=65&s=AUD&t=EUR&c=0

and then http://ezydvd.com.au for those of a region 4 persuasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Actually a quick look on play, as I havent been there in a while, shows they have reduced a lot of titles.
    That said they've jacked up the price on others. I gues I was lucky with my purchases. I got Leon for £7.99 I think and now it's £14.99. The sterling conversion may be steep, but it's still cheaper to order Raging Bull 20th Anniversery, Terminator Special Edition, and The Usual Suspects Special Edition. All priced at £9.99.
    Ordered them all just now. Too bad they are all currently out of stock though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

They have the silence of the lambs 2 disk special edition for £9.99 as well, it's out of stock but I don't mind waiting a while for it at that price :).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by RasTa
    cd-wow is just region 1 though isnt it??
    ill still be sticking with play

It's not actually.
    They do have some region 2 stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

www.dddhouse.com is cheap aswell
    shoalin soccer for 14 euros is on its way

• Advertisement
Advertisement