Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nebula

• 28-07-2002 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got this??

Having a bit of trouble running Metal Slug 4.
    Have rom ,neo geo bios but cant locate MS dat file.

Kdja

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

http://www.anigames.it/redazione/edwarner/emu/winkawaks144a.zip this is a hacked version of kawacks. it will run both kof2001 and metal slug 4. be sure to rename the metal slug 4 rom to mslug4nd.zip so it will be recognised. newer versions of nebula have been locked to not play ms4 even if you have the correct dat.

[edit]by the way its not that good. much easier than ms3 or msX and not nearly as much fun.not really worth the hassle it been to try get running[/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Neorage x will run both games no trouble at all. Chances are you have not got a NGX formated set but you can pick up a proggy to convert the romset to a compatible one with neorage which is still the better of the neo geo emulators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

umm thats a lot of effort really only did it cos im gettgin kof2002 on tuesday and Mame dont run it too well(if at all)

Kdja

Quite the achievement since kof2002 isn't even out on the neo geo yet :)

The guy who is giving it to me said Nebula runs it.

Seen no reason not to believe him but its on his french website with pics he hasnt released the rom yet (he and others do things to make then roms )
    When i get home will PM you with the website he runs with the pics of it running on nebula.

kdja

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

60MB! Hmm.... before i download this prehaps one of you folks can tell me, is it better then Metal Slug X ?(which i enjoyed but once you've finished it..) or is it more or less the exact same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

that link i posted earlier aint the hacked one. dont know where its gone. oh well.

60 megs is stupidly big, download the neoragex version which is about 20 megs or so.
    Its not that good, but its metal slug, its fun once and not so much after the initial laughs.

http://kofchile.com - these used to have links to where you could get all the various versions of new neo releases but they're down at the moment.

As far as KOF 2002 goes. I actually own a neo geo AES home system and 2002 isn't out yet, 2001 was the last one and first release for new korean owner playmore.

Much like all kof's, you won't even see the neo geo MVS release till early september and the AES will about around in november.

hmm wont see him online till tuesday ,i asked him for rave racer and KOF 2002 and I was sure he said he had KOF2002 and would be back online tueday....

But at home i have his website address.
    will check it agian ....

Edit btw my Metal slug was 60mb had a choice of that and one with sound bugs for 30mb.

kdja

Well, take my word for it, he doesn't have kof2002 cos playmore doesn't even have kof2002. Unless you're talking to someone REAL high up in the emu community, like guru, raz or haze etc. they don't have rave racer either. From what i've been told, the viva nonno guys have it and thats it, they also don't intend on releasing it at all, so theres donations going to buy a new rave racer board and dump that. Check the official viva boards at vg-network.com for info.

As for metal slug, i downloaded both the 60 meg version (used an old version of nebula) and the neorage version. They're identical, i've never heard of a neo geo romset without sound, most emu's won't even touch a romset without the correct setup and without editing the s and m roms you can't mess with the rom itself, so i doubt it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement